Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fault Code P0380

neil_m_racing

03 toyota avensis D4D with fault code p0380 glow plugs circuit A malfunction?

could anyone tell me the possible faults? have checked heater plugs there ok, checked power to heater plugs.

??????????????????

03 toyota avensis D4D with fault code p0380 glow plugs circuit A malfunction?

could anyone tell me the possible faults? have checked heater plugs there ok, checked power to heater plugs.

??????????????????

May be a voltage drop in one of the glow plugs. may need to replace plug set and bar, fault code will need to be cleared at your dealer, that would not incur more that .2 labour time if they waish to charge.

• 1 year later...

P0380.

Exactly one year ago (FEB '08) when the engine management light appeared, I called out the RAC.

The RAC man told me that there system is getting a P0380 glow plug circuit fault. And suggested I get my glow plugs changed.

I then took it to my mechanic and he connected his laptop and the adptor for my car and again it told him the same code P0380. He then reset this and the light came back on after 2 mins. He told me to go buy 4 new glow plugs.

This was on my 2004 D4D Avensis.

I bought 4 new Bosch glow plugs for around £32 in total. Took it to my mechanic and he changed them for about £20, it took 5 mins. He then connected his laptop again and cleared the fault. And then the light never came back on. It has been a year now and still all is fine.

Total cost was around £52.