Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supercharger For Aygo..

SJandMR2

I have been told it wouldnt but not entirely convinced to be honest, check with your dealer first if thinking of going ahead.

If you fit non-standard/manufacturer recommended wheels onto a car it invalidates any claims for suspension or wheel damage. Thats only fair as a warranty is to cover for a manufacturers own defects and workmanship.

Fitting a supercharger to a car invalidates EVERYTHING. Well everything that is to do with the engine, brakes, drivetrain, gearbox - basically everything that will be potentially or reasonably argued strained.

Who told you that it wouldn't?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Ps. In addition.

Why spend £3,000? goes against why you bought the car in the first place i.e. cheeky, characterful, cheap run around :huh:

Better off buying a Cooper S surely?

was just interested if it would void the warrenty...

seen them chips that tell your engine its getting more air are they worth the money ??

some mechanic type person (who doesnt work for toyota) told me, as I said i wasnt convinced at all not sure if he was confused by the TTS? If toyota or TTE made the supercharger and fitted it tho, surely that wouldnt invalidate it?

I wouldnt do in anyway, was just passing on info, as i know some are. as you say I would put the potential total of £11-£12k towards another car, (not a cooper tho :P) Wouldnt mind a drive in anyone who does do it tho. :lol2:

I would stay away from those chips too DJ Jaze have heard bad things about them

no if it was a TTE or TRD upgrade then warranty would not be affected as long as the item was fitted by an approved workshop

no if it was a TTE or TRD upgrade then warranty would not be affected as long as the item was fitted by an approved workshop

^^ what Lee said ^^

Saying that though, its giving a great power gain to such a small light car.... :D

sounds like fun to me :yahoo:

Whos going to be the first ?

If i had the money not to worry about it, I really would do it as it does sound like fantastic fun, and I love my aygo soooo much I struggled to think of an £11k car I would prefer, but I dont want to void warranty because of money, and dont wont insurance to rocket, but oooh i can just imagine that little pocket rocket with almost twice the power, i do have some 107 pals tho that plan to do it, am just hoping they will let me have a go. :D

I have bought a euromillions tickets so if I get min 10k or TTE etc, make one for under a grand I will guarentee to be the first one to do..lol.

SJ x

I think there are two things which make this attractive. Firstly, Aygos are generally cheap to service and run. Uncomplicated.

Secondly, the Aygo doesn't weigh much, which in the long run also makes it cheap to run as the brakes can be small, tyres are thin and fuel consumption is miniscule. With a light car having low rotational inertia, cornering, acceleration and braking will be good for given tyres, power and pad/disc size.

I must admit this does look quite suitable for cheap-ish track thrills. However, the Aygo needs coilovers which nobody seems to sell at the moment and it could do with somebody making a limited slip diff.

What we need now is for Joe to turn up at a track day and let's see how good this is B)

Hint hint :lol:

Paul.

Edit: Does the kit come with an exhaust, or is that extra?

Edit: Does the kit come with an exhaust, or is that extra?

I think it will use the standard exhaust manifold ??? dont quote me lol

who is Joe?

Sarah

who is Joe?

BanzaiJoe

I'd like to see this car too.

Completely agree with Paul.

There are loads of BIG FI cars that can tear up the strip, or own the larger tracks.

But for lots of fun on the road and on twisty tracks, a small lightweight car wins every time. It'll never be as quick as the modded Celicas and Supras, but it will be amazing fun to drive. And compared to the build and running costs of a big car it'll be very economical too.

Its a fantastic idea - and certainly gives the Aygo some more appealing performance figures...

My concerns are really whether the seals and piston rings can handle double the horsepower - and it doesnt mention the torque figures, but if they are anything like the power increase, you'll probably need an uprated clutch, I would expect the gearbox could handle it though.

Then you have to consider upgrading the brakes and suspension..

Its a fantastic idea - and certainly gives the Aygo some more appealing performance figures...

My concerns are really whether the seals and piston rings can handle double the horsepower - and it doesnt mention the torque figures, but if they are anything like the power increase, you'll probably need an uprated clutch, I would expect the gearbox could handle it though.

Then you have to consider upgrading the brakes and suspension..

The diesel version uses the same clutch and toyota saw fit to limit the torque to 130Nm, compared to the 93Nm of the petrol version. Admittedly, I don't know precise detail, since all Mr T would say was "to prolong the life of the transmission"

I also think that there is a increased likelyhood of cooking the heads of the pistons or blowing the headgasket

The standard tyres are rated to 110 mph, so I assume the suspension can take it.

The dyno graphs are in Feb 08 Banzai. Looks like torque is up from about 57ftlb to about 85ftlb, not sure what that is in Nm.

That's quite an increase, so you would think that the stock parts would be under some strain. I thought all these bits were used in the Yaris too, though, and that is heavier and seats five. The clutch and transmission have to take that load without excessive wear.

I don't know if anybody else has tried these 1/4 mile calculators on the net (see Google):

Stock 53whp, 1700lb = 18.5 sec.

Supercharged 110whp, 1710lb = 14.5 sec.

No idea about the accuracy, but under 15 seconds would be astounding for a car like the Aygo. My 280bhp Soarer did about 14.6 at the Pod and that felt fast :o :D

Paul.

Hi guys,

The car in the link is mine; and as the conversion has now been completed by TTS, I have the car back in my possession. You would not believe how much fun it is now and phenomenally quick for such a small car. Think low 7sec 0-60 times and a top speed that is easily off the clock (though not tested that yet). Fuel economy is also good, at around 40-45mpg average. The clutch and gearbox are coping absolutely fine as the Aygo drives like a normal car at low revs, only building in power linearly as the revs rise. Full power is therefore made at the top end when all components are already spinning and gripping.

On Friday I took the car to meet colleagues at Toyota GB. The bigwigs and engineers were all very impressed, especially after driving it. You couldn't wipe the smile off their faces.

If anybody is seriously interested in buying a conversion like mine from TTS, then I would suggest giving me a call to arrange a visit in Sevenoaks, Kent. I'll then take you for a test-drive to see what you think. No messers though!

Joe Clifford

Editor

Banzai magazine

Web: www.banzaimagazine.com

thanks for coming on and posting Joe, interesting to hear about Toyota GB trying the car out. Really good of you to offer a test drive to seriously interested people, hopefully no one will mess you about, i for one would love to give it a test drive but i cant say im seriously considering it :P still weighing up the pro's and cons, that and the fact its gonna take me a while to save for it. Yours is a manual yes?

If i had the money not to worry about it, I really would do it as it does sound like fantastic fun, and I love my aygo soooo much I struggled to think of an £11k car I would prefer, SJ x

Honda S2000

Nissan 350Z

Rev 5 MR2 GT Turbo (8k max)

Honda Integra Type R DC5 (latest shape form Japan)

I could go on... but i wont... :lol:

Think you're missing the point here, Fizz. I'm not saying one of these kits should be put on a brand new car. Early Aygos are almost out of their warranty period now. So buy one of these for four grand and then supercharge the hell out of it.

Now come up with another list that offers you 140bhp, low running costs, £35pa road tax, and this much fun for around £7.5k

Think you're missing the point here, Fizz. I'm not saying one of these kits should be put on a brand new car. Early Aygos are almost out of their warranty period now. So buy one of these for four grand and then supercharge the hell out of it.

Now come up with another list that offers you 140bhp, low running costs, £35pa road tax, and this much fun for around £7.5k

Going by the criteria you have given there i cant suggest any unmodified car which fits.

I was just going by what SJandAYGO was saying about the £11k car range. The only thing that comes close in terms of mpg etc would be the lotus Elise but then they aint cheap to run but then since the subject is about a modified small car its hard to compare one to another.

Please dont think im having a go when i chatting like this, im just trying to work out the logic behind it all.

Going by the criteria you have given there i cant suggest any unmodified car which fits.

I was just going by what SJandAYGO was saying about the £11k car range. The only thing that comes close in terms of mpg etc would be the lotus Elise but then they aint cheap to run but then since the subject is about a modified small car its hard to compare one to another.

Please dont think im having a go when i chatting like this, im just trying to work out the logic behind it all.

Its Ok I didnt take it as having a go, and the list you gave is fine and I am sure there is more, but other than the rev5 MR2, I personally aint really interested in the other cars you listed, not theres anything wrong with them, its just personal choice at the end of the day and logically there is some good points that Joe raises in what other 140bhp car with the low running cost can you list? and well I will confess I am madly in love with my aygo :wub: despite its 1l engine so to make it faster would be like making the man I love also hepful around the house and romantic...lol. I think the point I am trying to make tho is there is a debatable argument here from both points of view and I believe me I have gone back and forth from both sides...BUT..logic is removed when it comes to passion :lol2: and I just love the idea of a wolf in sheeps clothing :drool: and doing something different from the norm...part of my "why the hell not attitude" that I have.

I am seriously interested, but I seriously dont have the dosh, is that enuf to warrant a test drive Joe? :lol2: :P

Sarah :)

I'd say the logic is that on the track the lightest car will usually win, for a given power-to-weight ratio. The lower yaw inertia and lower linear momentum really help cornering.

350Z 205bhp/tonne

S2000 191bhp/tonne

DC5 176bhp/tonne

Aygo supercharged 170+bhp/tonne

(Evo mag doesn't list the mk2 MR2, even though it has the mk1, mk3 and Supra! Supply your own figures :D )

Ok, it would be helpful if there were an LSD and coilovers available for the Aygo, but even without it's still going to be faster than a lot of people think on the track.

Paul.