Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Note: Auris Keys Can Break!

Johan007

To let everyone know I don't think the plastic in our keys are very strong. It fell apart in my hand when I tried to tern the engine on, on the way home leaving me with only the metal bit to tern with. Luckily with a bit of force you can switch the engine on/off and remove the the key. I did not force the key, in fact it broke before the engine had a chance of starting.

I think I will super glue it myself properly rather than let the the garage do it under warranty as you don't want to seal it shut because you want access to the Battery.

So many minor issues with these Toyota's, they are certainly are not in the league of Honda!

Thats not good , This is my first Toyota and I have noticed that the ignition barrel does feel stiff compared to other makes.

So many minor issues with these Toyota's, they are certainly are not in the league of Honda

Looks like Toyota's reliability is just a history, but Honda didn't do much better. I was Civic "friendly" but check current issues reported by owners, recalls, Honda forums. Problems, problems and even more problems.

Toyota is afraid that their main competitors are Korean car makers. I thing they right as the owners of new Hundays or Kias seem to be much happier.

Toyota is afraid that their main competitors are Korean car makers. I thing they right as the owners of new Hundays or Kias seem to be much happier.

You must be joking! arnt you?

Try ordering a part for one of the above, you could be waiting a long time. Toyota are a competitive company, but you cant seriously suggest that the two makers listed are a threat to Toyota

The What Car? JD Power survey of 2007, a survey BY OWNERS of all the major brands lists the following companies for satisfaction

1 Lexus

2 Honda

2= Skoda

4 Toyota

14 Hyundai

17 Kia

Not so satisfied as you might suggest

Kingo :thumbsup:

I do not work at Toyota and the Auris was my first Toyota. I've been having some bugs I cannot consider them problems because the car runs well, squicky brakes (solved) and dashboard noises (still to fix).

Anyway I found this in another forum and I will translate it from Portuguese to English:

"Between March and April of 2007 several consumer defense associations made a reliability survey about the liability of cars. In these study participated 18 000 drivers from Spain, Portugal, France, Italy and Belgium. The goal of the study was to try to understand which brands and models were more reliable.

The conclusions are not that much different from other published studies regarding this issue.

The most reliable brands continue to be the Japanese trio (Mazda,Toyota e Honda) followed by Suzuki very closely.

In fifth place shows BMW, which wins the title for the best European constructor, followed very closely by Smart and by the Swedish Saab and Volvo .

A negative note to the north American brands Chrysler e Jeep, which show in the last places.

Also to note with some surprise, the placement of certain prestigious German brands in the second half of this table.

In terms of models, Toyota Prius, took home the price for the most reliable car model.

Here is the table resulted from the study with the most reliable brands:

1º Mazda / 2º Toyota / 3º Honda / 4º Suzuki / 5º BMW / 6º Smart / 7º Saab / 8º Volvo / 9º Nissan / 10º Ford / 11º Hyundai / 12º Kia / 13º Skoda / 14º Citroen / 15º Audi / 16º Chevrolet-Daewoo / 17º Mercedes / 18º Rover / 19º Volkswagen / 20º Mitsubishi / 21º Opel / 22º Peugeot / 23º Alfa Romeo / 24º Seat / 25º Fiat / 26º Land Rover / 27º Lancia / 28º Renault / 29º Chrysler / 30º Jeep"

If we had to this the fact that Toyota sells lots of cars we have a good study here. But we also have to take into consideration the old Toyota still running there and that probably contribute to this result. Let's wait and see in the future but I believe that even if Toyota gets worse I don't think the others get better they will certainly get worse too. We have to take into account that lot's of brands are opening factories not in their home countries and this can bring quality problems. Japanese culture is different from Turkish or English. As is the French different from Romanian or Brazilian. German culture is also different form the Portuguese and Spanish cultures. Resuming due to cultures and even to the distance from the HQ brings problems only benefits the costs for the brands. Japanese brands are still the best though.

It's my opinion that owners of Korean made cars have lower expectations from their vehicle than Toyota owners and apart from cost that's the reason they buy them. Less Badge conscious as well. With their showing lower in the JD survey this is an inverse reaction in that with my opening statement they should infact have a higher score. This means that Korean cars have far more problems than even JD suggests. Toyota's showing so highly when their customers are demanding and very critical as we are and we can read in the forum, is therefore exceptional.

Our preferred cars made have many niglling problems but good dealers will sort it out.

Doesnt JD Power look at cars 3 years old?

Hyundai and KIA offer better warrenties than almost all other brands

I bought my Auris based on the Toyota legend for reliability and build quality, so far Im a bit undecided on if that was the right choice.

A couple of weeks after buying my new T180, JD Power sent me a multi page questionnaire to fill out on the new car which I did.

A couple of weeks after buying my new T180, JD Power sent me a multi page questionnaire to fill out on the new car which I did.

Was it a JD Power survey or the Toyota CES questionaire? another similarly large document :D: I don't think JDP send out surveys so quickly, it would take time for them to know you were a new owner

Was it a JD Power survey or the Toyota CES questionaire?

Toyota keep sending me that. I received 4th form last week...does anyone read them or they do it for fun? :)

Was it a JD Power survey or the Toyota CES questionaire?

Toyota keep sending me that. I received 4th form last week...does anyone read them or they do it for fun? :)

They do send out a lot of forms, Toyota attach a very large importance on what customers say about their dealer experiences and about their cars, it helps everybody if you can be objective and return your forms for review

thanks

Yes it was JD, with a covering letter from them. I also had the usual Toyota one and more recently the after service one.

I always complete and return as indeed I think they are very important. I remember my first T-Sport and contacting Toyota UK directly about some matters to which they responded.

JD power do several survey types. There's the ones that most people will have heard of which is the 3 year one but they also do one called an Initial Quality Survey (IQS) which is done withing the first 3 months of ownership. This is a more industry specific one with the results being fed back to the manufacturers at cost to them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links