Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Car

corollasr

hi guys,

i have a friend who's looking to get a first car.

she has £5k to spend and she is after something solid, as a friend of ours died in a crash last week in his punto and so she has rightly become very safety conscious.

she also can't go above a 1.5/1.6.

my first thought would be something like a yaris SR.

what else would there be?

cheers for any help

ed

I think the Yaris is a great 1st car. Sure beats the Fiesta pop-plus I had as my 1st car.

£5k on your 1st car :eek: Mine cost £400 off my sister. Glad it did as well after I crashed it!

Maybe for the money a 2nd hand Ford :unsure:  Focus?

How dare you say the 'F' word? :eek:

something solid...

well that sort of throws a starlet turbo and the yaris out of the window then... yaris may look solid but peel away the door cards and you'll look like this :o

it scared me when I did it.

If you want solid you've really got to go german, a lupo or a polo maybe.

although on the NCAP crash tests the yaris got 4 stars I think?... can't knock the yaris as a 1st car it's ideal m8, served me well.

also sorry to hear about your friend in the punto :(

Maybe for the money a 2nd hand Ford :unsure:  Focus?

How dare you say the 'F' word? :eek:

There is one outside the office window, it just came to mind! :rolleyes:

look here and take you pick of the best bunch... sorry to hear about your friend. hope you find summin to suit.

It has to be a Yaris mate.

I had the exact task on my hands last weekend. My mates bird was looking for her first car and was given her mums old fiesta to px in. As my mate can only talk footy and drives a 12 yr old 206 she asked for my help. :lol:

I found her a 2001 Yaris which only had 2k on the clock. Cant think of the spec right to hand just at the moment, but it had all the toys air con abs airbags alarm cd etc etc for £6250

Im used to my rolla but I was impressed with the funky speedo and how nice it drove. Another plus point is it came 2nd in the top gear survey. The winner was a Jag...so in my eyes the Yaris came first as its a car in a price range people can afford.

Anyone would have thought I like Toyota's :D

I had a crash in a yaris..... i walked away with out a scratch.... the car was a total loss, go figure!

:thumbsup:

the yaris would be quite a suitable one, there was an eastenders star who had a crash in the yaris while on holiday and praised about the car and after she brought one herself!

there was a thread about it on that story but i can't seem to find it!

Kenny

To see the damage to the car involved in a head on collison with another vehicle after driving off the ferry at Calais, EastEnders star Kim Medcalf and her boyfriend, in which she suffered a broken sternum, leg and hand and he got just cuts and bruises you must believe in miracles.

Or you must believe in seatbelts which they both must have been wearing and the picture (in "heat" magazine issue 176) shows that the airbags had done their job.

The space between the dash board and where the front passenger sat must have just allowed space

to breathe in and out.

These days the cars are always gonna look a mess when they hit another object. They all fold up to take the impact :thumbsup:

i wouldnt spend 5k on a first car cos your 95% likely to stack it!

I agree.

My partner got a Fiesta for £2k as her 1st car. She did some lovely damage trying to get out of a parking space at the parents house. Hit the wall because she turned too early. Only experience can really teach you how to maneuver in tight spaces (and being male :P , only joking!)

There is a common wisdom that you should always get a banger for the 1st car. Mine only lasted 6 months before I killed it! But then it only cost me £400 :P

Nearly...but not quite.

My first micra cost 50 quid off a friend I was fine in it

My second micra cost 7grand, brand new 2months later I got myself in a crunch!

(t'wasnt cos I was pricking about tho!)

Sods Law!

As for the rolla, i would wrap it in cotton wool if I could