Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor Bulb Change

Kerby

anyone else tried changing their bulbs lately? ive just been trying for the last half an hour and ive come out with my knuckles a complete mess. the drives side the ABS/VSC is in the way and on the other the Battery. ive given up lol. i managed to get the power supply off the back of the passenger side but cant get the bulb unclipped. and the drivers side i cant even remove the connector. do they build the car round the head lights or somthing? grrrrrrrrr rant over lol

after tryin on my stilo to change the bulbs i've admitted defeat on new cars and let motorsave do it for me. The thing is you get a smug 'god....cant you even change a bulb' look then after an hour you get your car back, the mechanic has bleeding knuckles and you pay about 3 quid for a bulb! its a win win situation, you pay three quid for a three quid bulb and get an hours labour free..............not that the labour can be much in them places!

• 2 weeks later...

So is there a knack to changing the bulbs, I had to get a 4 year old to recover the back cover as it fell down by the abs as I could,nt fit a finger in there.

after tryin on my stilo to change the bulbs i've admitted defeat on new cars and let motorsave do it for me. The thing is you get a smug 'god....cant you even change a bulb' look then after an hour you get your car back, the mechanic has bleeding knuckles and you pay about 3 quid for a bulb! its a win win situation, you pay three quid for a three quid bulb and get an hours labour free..............not that the labour can be much in them places!

LOL so true... I had the same experience with my ts :thumbsup:

i think the only way is to change the bulbs is to take out the front bumper. i fitted my TTE front bumper last week and i decided to buy HID kit and silver inidicators and my cousin gave me his blue low beam lights. Thank GOD i bought the and not after fitting the bumper :P

You could try removing the Battery from the passenger side and removing the fuse box cover which will give you alot more room in order fit the bulbs.

The drivers side is a pain and I had to get a mate with small hands to fit my HID kit. Haven't change the other lights as they all seem a pain without removing the front bumper.

You need a small mirror to see the retaining clip initially, but from memory, standing facing the engine, I think the driver side clip pushes toward your left. Then if you are able to hold your new bulb twixt fore and middle finger with the bulb in your palm, you should be able to fit it (with practice) fairly easily, and also be careful to have the tab on the bulb sitting uppermost otherwise it'll jam in the hole. It's all possible without removing anything other than the cover over the back of the lamp.

I've had a lot of unexplained failures recently and am now able to change the bulbs without damaging my mitts in a few minutes (in the dark).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links