Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Side Protection Strips, Painted Or Unpainted ?

dave.m

Painted or Unpainted you choose  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Please view photos first

• Painted ?
    • Unpainted ?

Re my recent thread on side protection strips, decided to buy them (thanks Kingo ). But could not make my mind up

wether to get them painted or not. So I let my wife decide, she reckons unpainted, what do you think ? Washed the

Rav and using double sided tape stuck them on in roughly the right position.

100_0363.jpg

100_0361.jpg

You changed your antenna as well Dave? Or is it just a trick of the photo?

You changed your antenna as well Dave? Or is it just a trick of the photo?

Well spotted mate, I had to shorten the antenna on the last Rav as it kept breaking on the garage door. Unfortunately

it did affect the radio reception, so this time I just changed it completely for a nice little silver and black mast. Quite

cheap as well only £4 or £5 . :thumbsup:

Your very Tall Dave for the second shot....Or is that the the wife and your the short ***** taking the first photo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They kinda look nice in black....more likely to chip if painted...You know what these trolley dollies are like in the supermarket car parks :o :o ...

Your very Tall Dave for the second shot....Or is that the the wife and your the short ***** taking the first photo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: P M S L

Have you got some bugging devices in my house ? Yesterday when washing the Rav I was moaning about washing the roof

without the aid of side steps and roof bars. My wife who found it hilarious kept calling me short rrr's :lol::lol::lol:

Have you got some bugging devices in my house ? Yesterday when washing the Rav I was moaning about washing the roof

without the aid of side steps and roof bars. My wife who found it hilarious kept calling me short rrr's :lol::lol::lol:

It's a good job you didn't go for a Disco!! :lol::lol::lol:

Back on Topic :huh: I think I've said before, with a light coloured car I'd have them painted but that's only my opinion.

Anyway, nice photos and you look to have done a cracking job placing those side strips. :thumbsup::toast:

I hope it was above 15 degrees temp when you fitted those strips Dave :eek: No warranty implied or given for failure to fit them in the summer only.........:D: :D: :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

EDIT I voted unpainted. Painting plastics is an expensive business and I think you made the right decision. Good job they don't go on the roof.......short rrr's :D:

:lol::lol: Dont worry Kingo only a trial fit with number plate tape.

Anyway 136 views of this thread, and only 11 votes ? W T F :eek:

:lol::lol: Dont worry Kingo only a trial fit with number plate tape.

Anyway 136 views of this thread, and only 11 votes ? W T F :eek:

I've viewed and voted :thumbsup:

So have I. I like them painted as they look more integrated (like Dutchravs) but they contrast quite well with silver so I could live with either.

my opinion is to paint as well ,that now makes 68% to paint :) so are you going to use a brush or roller :lol::lol:

Unpainted, like the contrast and as they are anti door dingers you will no doubt be always touching them up and then they will look tatty after a few touch ups,,,look how tatty the wife has got :lol: ....thats if they are in the right place. ;)

Cheers

John

Hello alll ! :group-cuddles:

Although I have em on my Rav I almost had them taken off when I got it...but then came to my senses and thought I'd rather keep em on as they are supposed to be in a certain position so that these mindless Tw :ffs: :censor: s who cant open their doors without putting them through someone elses dont actually damage them...

So going back on topic I would say keep them plain as when the mindless strike it should'nt show whereas if the side protectors are painted you'd get some sort of chip ....

Rgds

Rob

B)

Bump.

Think I stuffed this up, it does'nt come back up when someone votes :lol:

Side protection strips on Rav4s here in Ireland are all colour coded - part of what you like is about what you're used to. My own view, for what it's worth, is that if the bumpers are colour coded, then the side protection looks better if it's painted, too. If you see what I mean.....

• 1 year later...
Side protection strips on Rav4s here in Ireland are all colour coded - part of what you like is about what you're used to. My own view, for what it's worth, is that if the bumpers are colour coded, then the side protection looks better if it's painted, too. If you see what I mean.....

Sorry to add to an old post, but I was looking at the Toyota side protectors for the RAV on the net, and found that Toyota Europe do in fact sell the side moulding/protectors PAINTED !!

http://www.toyota-europe.com/cars/new_cars...ccessories.aspx

According to the Accessories brochure, you can buy the corner protectors AND the side mouldings painted!!!!

It states that "they are supplied in black or painted to match your match your car's body colour"

The part no's are as follows:-

Side mouldings: - RAV0343_06 Side mouldings, painted

side_moulding_painted.bmp

Corner protectors: - RAV0341_06 Bumper corner protectors, painted

rav4_corner.bmp

Surely if these are available from Toyota Europe, then we must be able to order these for our RAV's in the UK AND save a bit of wedge having them painted (with variable results) as these will come painted by Toyota ???:clap:

Anyone able to check this? I tried at my local MR T and the guy wasnt helpful. Anyone else able to find out?? :help:

Sorry to add to an old post, but I was looking at the Toyota side protectors for the RAV on the net, and found that Toyota Europe do in fact sell the side moulding/protectors PAINTED !!

http://www.toyota-europe.com/cars/new_cars...ccessories.aspx

According to the Accessories brochure, you can buy the corner protectors AND the side mouldings painted!!!!

It states that "they are supplied in black or painted to match your match your car's body colour"

The part no's are as follows:-

Side mouldings: - RAV0343_06 Side mouldings, painted

side_moulding_painted.bmp

Corner protectors: - RAV0341_06 Bumper corner protectors, painted

rav4_corner.bmp

Surely if these are available from Toyota Europe, then we must be able to order these for our RAV's in the UK AND save a bit of wedge having them painted (with variable results) as these will come painted by Toyota ???:clap:

Anyone able to check this? I tried at my local MR T and the guy wasnt helpful. Anyone else able to find out?? :help:

Parts King :king: is the regular TOYOTA parts man here on TOC...He looks in, so may pick this up, or even send him a PM message and he'll get back to you....He should be able to answer this.....

KINGO over to you ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

must admit I only picked up on this post today - and I went for the painted look - only cos theres nothing else but the tyres that are black.

Without protectors, you're going to be worried about dings chipping the paint. With painted protectors, surely it's going to be the same problem :huh:

Voted unpainted

Without protectors, you're going to be worried about dings chipping the paint. With painted protectors, surely it's going to be the same problem :huh:

Voted unpainted

I absolutely support the above statement!

Unpainted! :thumbsup:

Voted unpainted

I absolutely support the above statement!

Unpainted! :thumbsup:

Same here, unpainted for me.

In fact I have an unpainted set delivered this morning so im off to fit them as soon as the sun comes out.

Well im quite pleased with the result. I think unpainted looks good on a dark colour Rav

Looks good :thumbsup:

the dark on dark looks nice - I'm just not convinced the dark on silver is balanced...maybe if you fit a vinyl black top to it as well :P :P