Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yellow Warning Light

Michael Patterson

Hi all,

I'm new here so please bear with me, I had a yellow car shaped warning light come on on the dash when I was carrying five passengers, it went off when everyone got out. Is this some sort of weight sensor or has the car got a problem?

Probably be best if you tell us a bit more about your car.

Year?

Mods?

Import or uk?

I'm new to gt4's myself but i've never heard of that yet. Someone will be along shortly i'm sure ;)

Hi,

The car is a 94-95 Celica GT Import.

I can't find any reference to this warning light. Another problem I forgot to metion is that the temp gauge no longer moves from cold and also the car heater barely gets warm and the choke is staying on all the time. A friend said this could be down to the Thermostat being defective so the engine management system is dectecting a cold engine and keeping the choke on. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Regards Michael

Hi,

The car is a 94-95 Celica GT Import.

I can't find any reference to this warning light. Another problem I forgot to metion is that the temp gauge no longer moves from cold and also the car heater barely gets warm and the choke is staying on all the time. A friend said this could be down to the Thermostat being defective so the engine management system is dectecting a cold engine and keeping the choke on. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Regards Michael

def sounds like a thermostat problem. im sure its using more fuel then if the choke is stayin on? can u take a picture of the warning light? where on the dash is it? my first thoughts wer that it was the engine management light but its not in the shape of a car and its orange.

don't mean to be a model snob but this section is for GT4's not GT's you might find more help in the general celica area, i don't remember a car shaped orange light, just the engine shaped orange light to show a engine management problem.

Hi Blink 182,

I have just checked my brakes and VOILA! That is exactly what the problem is.....a brake light bulb out.

Thankyou so much.

Regards

Michael.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links