Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie - Gt4 Specs

Wild Thing

Hi all

Forgive the newbie question, is there any links anywhere that define the different GT4 specifcations, ie WRC, JDM ect, which is most desirable spec that is standard from factory. I am on the hunt for an ST205

cheers

brian

to be honest the JDM version is the fastest out of the box but after you begin modifying it there's little or no differance except JDM cars will have a better condition body if it's a fresh import due to !Removed! not using salt on their roads.

the WRC has extras which are dissabled, aparently it is lighter, but no-ones actually weighted their cars to see how true that is

Many thanks for the info.

it has also been said that the wrc is actually heavier due to the extras. again no one has weighted them to see. jdm and uk st205s have different turbos as far as i know. the only other difference is that they jap imports ecu is set up for higher octane fuel than the uk. think the difference is supposed to be 10bhp to the jap import. would need to be running on the higher octane fuel to see it tho.

jap ones come with a ceramic shaft turbo which is prone to snapping, uk get steel shafts.

WRC and normal 205 are near enough the same weight, have heard people say that the WRC has aluminium wings but this is rubbish, i have yet to find one and i have seen a lot of GT4's WRC's included. WRC mwy be heavier by a kilo or two due to the extra bits but not enough to make any noticeable difference.

id look for a 95-96 JDM car as that way you can remove he cat if you want to and still be MOT legal.

jap ones come with a ceramic shaft turbo which is prone to snapping, uk get steel shafts.

WRC and normal 205 are near enough the same weight, have heard people say that the WRC has aluminium wings but this is rubbish, i have yet to find one and i have seen a lot of GT4's WRC's included. WRC mwy be heavier by a kilo or two due to the extra bits but not enough to make any noticeable difference.

id look for a 95-96 JDM car as that way you can remove he cat if you want to and still be MOT legal.

I got a 96 N reg import that has decat, does that mean it would pass the MOT??

mmm sticky, would depend on what month it was made TBH 96 is the cut off for the loop hole, try blagging your MOT'er he may go for it

i have just bought a 94 GT4 slightly damaged.......it was in a slight smash ripping the front wheel completly off and the back wheel is sitting squint its an import and as far as i can see it needs front and back n/s suspension n/s wing and maybe a new front bumper

the car was pretty cheap to buy so i think i might fix it

any ideas if its worth fixing and where to get these parts

• 1 month later...

as far as i was aware the WRC was 255 bhp and it was the UK model that was 239 but was not aware that the JDM model was the same power as the WRC model??

also, the WRC includes un-working features, if these were unabled how wel would they work? i mean i heard that anti-lag systems can seriously kill the life limit on your turbo??

the anti-lag thats fitted on the WRC does kill a turbo as it uses the exhaust manifold as a combustion chamber, however you can get an after market engine management which cuts the ignition instead of the fuel and this can cause the same results only not as harsh, just done this with a mates 180sx and we get 0.5bar when sitting on launch control :D it'll still shorten the life of the turbo but not as much as the WRC anti-lag

still doesnt answer this question:

as far as i was aware the WRC was 255 bhp and it was the UK model that was 239 but was not aware that the JDM model was the same power as the WRC model??

still doesnt answer this question:

i could be wrong but i thought the st205 wrc uk spec was 239 bhp and its only the jap imports that run 255bhp. a standard st205 jap import runs 255 and the wrc jap import runs at 255bhp. this is due to the ecu being mapped to take their 100ron fuel. not sure if the uk wrc was 239 or 255 tho

i wasnt aware there was a uk wrc? ive seen people advertise selling them but i thought it was just newbie monkeys thinking that they had a high raised spoiler so was wrc, obviously i was the newbie monkey lol

so in simple terms, the jap import and wrc are actually the same 0 to 60 and power wise, apart from a few engine killing mods that are not enabled.

not really, there are some Jap imports that are nonWRC and still put out 270 on the rollers and they are totally standard.

there was a UK WRC but i dont have a clue on what sort of number.

WRC's are the same as any other 205 except the engine killing mods disabled, there are rumours that the WRC's were built lighter to compensate for the extra bits in the engine bay but someone on the OC who has worked with them has still to fonds the mysterious lightened panels

so the front wings on all gt4's are not aluminium as rumoured? plus, how come wings are different for the st202 and st205, as you can get fibreglass wings for the st202 and have always wonderd why you couldnt use these on the st205.

i had a friend tell me who had a wrc (but he's also full of ***** sometimes) that the width was slightly different, he said his 18" alloys would probably rub on my car because of this, ive seen plenty of st202 with 18's some with 19's but thought i would ask anyway.

and 270 stock??? >>is that down to boost being turned up maybe.

nope, totally standard mate. :eek: the front wings maybe alu, what i was saying was that the wings on a WRC are no differant to the normal 205, which ever metal their made from. the bonnets are alu. IIRC the 205 is wider than the 202, probably to give it a more aggressive stance and wider stance for more stability, dont know for certain.

im continuously seeing information about compression ratio yet ive never had it explained, my car seems to have 9.5:1 yet the st205 has 8.5:1, does this mean the smaller the number the actual higher the compression is?

you see all these kits for the 3sgte engine that include pistons and conrods and say the compression ratio is still 8.5:1, if you seriously increased the boost would the pressure not increase therefore the pistons need to be different ratio to the stock parts?

• 11 months later...

hey noz where in devon are you? im trying to find other people in n. devon with gt4s

JDM has no egr valve either and an extra sensor at the bottom of the downpipe and maybe one or two other things but will only be small. I once spent an afternoon wondering why my egr valve wasn't there then i luckily seen some notes online about it.