Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stability Control And Traction Control

T V O R

I’ve seen loads of videos and read loads of articles on Stability Control and Traction Control, but what I want to know is: Does it work in the real world?

Who has this fitted on their cars as standard? Is it as good as the manufactures and journalists say it is?

Have you been out in the snow and ice with these systems? Do they keep you in a straight line and keep all four wheels on the tarmac?

Have you ever been stuck and the TC has got you out, ever gone into a skid and the electronics have saved the day?

Any feedback would be appreciated...

:thumbsup:

The other day as I was exiting a mini roundabout (after a fast approach) I put my foot to the floor to exit at speed.. the car sped up a little then the light on the dash started to flash, the car only gave full throttle as it began to straighten out... so I would say yes.. it does work or I would have ended up with massive understeer and wouldn't have made the turn (If it didn't work I wasn't in any danger as there was plenty of room to avoid anything nearby) I only tried it as it was safe to do so and I was in one of them moods where you want to rag the car and have a little fun... this was in the CTS-C not the roadster... if it was the roadster I would have ended up facing the other way :lol:

I've driven a few car through work that have had TC, Stability Control etc, and I find i much prefer them off. This is because I like to be in control of the power. I do think its a good idea though for all the people on the roads these days that don't have the skills to drive a powerful car, the only problem being drivers will get worse and relie on there cars more and more. guess thats not a problem as long as these people never find them selfs in something that has no driver aids. Like my corolla gt, no abs, no power steering, no TC, no nothing, but its so much fun that way and it does what you say to your skill level.

As long as there is a off button i dont care

I'm not sure what kicked in.. there is only one button for both. I would assume that both kicked in to a certain degree though, It wouldn't give full power so that would be traction and it felt kind of strange (sort of like squirmy but didn't squirm? :lol:) maybe that was the stability control.

It was on a slightly damp greasy surface.

Had it come on in mine.

In the CTS Traction Control gives you the warning light of a car skidding and Stability Control beeps at you!

I do think its a good idea though for all the people on the roads these days that don't have the skills to drive a powerful car

I'm quite comfortable at handling cars when they are put into skids but much prefer to leave these toys switched on!! :P

Incedentally, you can't turn the VSC off in the CTS!

In that case it was just the traction control.. there was no beeps :lol:

Got traction control in the Bora believe it or not and i aint a big fan as i can control the traction on take off better than the TC itself although not tried this in snow or ICY conditons just wet and dry.

Stability control deffo works as i have had the pleasure of a Golf GTI thrashing day at Millbrook Proving Grounds on a wet skidpan.

Had a set of cones in a tight(ish) circle and had to drive around it as fast as possible without the front end sliding offline (understeer) with the stability control off and then same again with it turned on. There was a good difference in grip and reduced the understeer noticeably.

CFC1 - Each car is different... My bora just flashes the TC in the dash when it comes into play... no beeps...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links