Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

End Of The Road For Our Rolla I Fear

T600

All this just as im tryin to save for a trip to oz to volunteer for wildlife!!!!!! Surely my bad luck has to have run out by now!! I went on hol in jan, my glasses and camera got nicked, i fell backwards while snowboarding and got whiplash, got a parking ticket came home and crashed my car!!!! OH such is life!!!!! :D

That's a lot to handle all at once. As you say, you must be due some good luck soon!

Hope you get the car sorted out.

Ours is back on Wednesday apparently but I've given up any hope of fixing it due to the tailgate aperture being out of shape.

any news Tony?

Yes, Wednesday was an estimate by the insurance co. But the salvage company rang today to say it'll be here first thing tomorrow morning.

oooh what does that mean? lol

It means I have a load of cheap Rolla spares if anyone wants them.

I'd rather not be posting large bits though, and I need to keep the chassis so that it rolls in and out of the garage, and one day onto the back of a lorry so I won't be selling the wheels right away etc. If you want the bonnet it's yours, but can you call in here some time and we'll swap them over rather than me posting it to you? I take it you have no use for your bonnet once you've got a replacement?

I want to keep it vaguely car shaped because we're probably putting the house on the market soon. Plan is to throw a car cover over the Rolla so that the place doesn't look like a scrap yard.

how much you want for it T?

I have the weekend of the 7th March off so going to my mums for the weekend i think, so if you pass me your number and postcode will drop by :) can i have the ariel too? :P

You have PM.

Though I'm a bit ****** off about the car!

We've had it 12 years without a single bump, then it gets hit from behind and smashed up and I guess these things happen.

So it goes away for a quote, and we accept the settlement figure, less 9% to get the car back. Only when the car comes back it turns out they've managed to crash the front into something else in the two weeks that its been away. So now it has a smashed up boot, and also a smashed up front end too.

And the g/f is ****** off too, because it may just be a collection of scrap parts to anyone else, but it was her pride and joy for 12 years.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaargggghhhh!

thats right bad luck. Will see you around the 7th :) will let you know when am coming over so its not just out the blue lol.

Yes, give me a call so I can make sure I'm in. Cheers.

T600 sorry to hear this about your rolla, I cant believe they have damaged the car further aswell, I would be so angry if I was in your boots!

T600 sorry to hear this about your rolla, I cant believe they have damaged the car further aswell, I would be so angry if I was in your boots!

Thanks smoftah. I wasn't too bad, but g/f was livid about it.

Worked out OK though because I've been given a fair reduction on the price I paid to get the Rolla back, so I'm happy now.

And have now got a few bits provisionally sold, so that's good too.

Got a thread in the for sale section Here for the remaining bits.

Also turns out they took my tax disk. The Insurance Co. say that's normal procedure and I'll still get the refund, but the guy at DVLA ****** himself laughing at that when I told him that; he reckons the salvage yard will claim the money and will try to keep it, but is sending me a form that I can complete which should mean that I get it.

If I don't then Insurance company will hear from me again. I don't even understand though how anyone can claim back tax on a car that was, and still is, registered in my name. Gap in the DVLA procedures IMHO.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links