Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rugby Parade...

Jimlad

I think >>>> :lol:

Well for starters I'm Scottish.. but seriously I thought it was a bit sad. If Henman won wimbledon would they make such a big deal ?? Are we gonna continually hear about this for the next 40 years, just like the World Cup of 1966 ?

In a word... probably yes :D :lol:

Ah come on you scottish ba :censor: rd :P lighten up a bit :yes:

when was the last time scotland won a worldcup? :P :lol::lol:

always jealous of the English success, as per usual hehehehe :lol:

erm.... erm....... 1804 .. lol... or something.

Nah....... Scotland are pap.. I would be one of the first to say so. But the parade was just taking the p*ss

i recon it was a bit OTT myself

& considering half the fans on the parade wernt rugby fans till about a month or so ago.

& does anyone know what the hell Ken offerd by way of freedom of the city???

i recon its no conjestion charges :lol::lol:

J

I'm all for it, us English are always shying away from things, about time we patted ourselves on the back.

It doesnt matter if they were rugby fans or not. They're supporting their country, flying the flag, which we dont get chance to do with all this politcally correct <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals>.

The freedom of the city allows them to herd their flock of sheep over tower bridge free of charge or something like that from the olde worlde.

I'm Australian .. and I DEFO think they should be paraded .. they do it for the FA cup? Why not a WORLD cup !!

England won the competition by being the best team in the world .. they deserve it. (Better than these damn football players ..)

There also is this stigma about the George's Cross and being "English" as it's suposedly BNP and racist .. sod that .. be proud ..

I signed up for the army in this country and I'm proud of that. And I'm Australian and proud of that. Enjoy it, as unlike the ashes - when you lose the next one in 4 years, you'll have to hand the trophy back :thumbsup:

Why was Carl Fogarty never paraded? 4 Times world superbike champion!!!

I remember him winning (the world championship) once and the papers never even mentioned him! All they could go on about was how crap we were at Formula 1 (I think it was when Damon Hill quit, but the ol' memories not what it used to be :wacko: ). C'mon, put things into perspective, lets celebrate those poeple who have repeatedly achieved for this country!

Oh and I think it's great that we have won the Rugby (union) world cup. Let's become no1 in league next!!!

So did the parade bus' pay a congestion charge, or did evil Ken let them off?

BTW. I am glad they did a parade.

There was also a parade in my town the week before as Northampton had 4 players in the team. But being on a Tuesday and announced at short notice, the turnout was small.

It was great for the sporting morale of England.......... :thumbsup:

Remember Scotlands triumphs over England in the late 80's. Scotland can hold their own so all Scots around here. Look forward NOT DOWN. :thumbsup:

Freedom of the City - Remember the City of London is actually smaller than most large towns in England. London is an area of small towns and dwellings mage up into the capital and Greater London. :bookworm: anyway - has Jonny got any cattle or sheep to heard acros the bridges on the Thames. Mind you if I was allowed to do this - I would go out and buy a walking burger..... :lol:

We should all be PROUD of the boys....... B) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Football teams that win FA cups are made up of players from different countries wheras this was a pure ENGLISH achievment. :rolleyes:

granted what jim sez well dwell on this for 40 yrs until we win another world cup in tiddlywinks then that will become the national sport!

It was more than an just a Rugby parade, it was the coming together of an English Identity.

Gave the whole country a feel good factor, young lads now wanting to play rugby, women liking the tight shirts those guys like jonny wear.

People turning out for the parade that didn't even like rugby before.

That was the best game of rugby i've ever watched, and the only thing that will ever beat it for me was when man united won the champions league from bayern munich with 2 goals in the last 2 mins of extra time. It was pure adrenaline and fantastic to watch.

It couldn't have been written in a script better than it was executed, it was absoultely brilliant.

And you can bet your last penny that there'll be more money spent at xmas this year in England as a result of the feel good factor by being world champions at something.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links