Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hg Change

markd1984

hi guys, am planing on chagning my head gasket in march to a steel one and want to start sourcing and pricing parts, what other areas should i be changing whilst the engine is out? rough ideas on prices for components would be appreciated, if any one has done one recently.

also is this a job that i should be atempting to do myself? the most experiance i have with thes engine was removeing it and changing the gearbox and clutch.

appreciate your time

hi guys, am planing on chagning my head gasket in march to a steel one and want to start sourcing and pricing parts, what other areas should i be changing whilst the engine is out? rough ideas on prices for components would be appreciated, if any one has done one recently.

also is this a job that i should be atempting to do myself? the most experiance i have with thes engine was removeing it and changing the gearbox and clutch.

appreciate your time

check out www.fensport.co.uk they do all the parts and will give u an idea of what you can be changing. are you wanting to up the power or are you just wanting to replace standard parts?

i simply want to up the boost slightly. but dont want to with the gasket that it currently has. dont trust it as it is lol. but no i am not after big power just try to keep the car as standard as possible. so apart from the head gasket been uprated to steel the rest of the components would probably be stock.

i am unsure if to attempt this job my self?

it's not an easy job but if the car isn't your main one by all means attempt it.

change the water pump and possibly the oil pump as well as all the timing pullies whilst your in there, will save haing to do it at a later date.

along with your head gasket i'd most definately get a set of ARP head studs as with a standard set there is still a chance they will stretch and compremise the head gasket again. the standard bolts are a stretch type, ARP's aren't.

so fensport are the best place for the parts i will need? and i should change

1.HG

2.water pump

3.oil pump

4.arp head studs

any think else?

this is going to be expensive lol

so fensport are the best place for the parts i will need? and i should change

1.HG

2.water pump

3.oil pump

4.arp head studs

any think else?

this is going to be expensive lol

FENSPORT is good for upgrades. if you are just puttin standard parts in then maybe toyota will be cheaper. ring them and price each item. im sure there is cheaper places out there.

parts king is on here a lot. ask him for prices, hes very helpful.

Am doing the same job in 2 weeks time cos would rather do it now then it cause me bigger problems in the main future. My only fault at the moment is the oil leak which i mentioned on the other post. Luckily have found a metal st205 hg which im told is good enough for the job. Im going to get arp head studs to hold it all down a little better. Not sure about oil pump/water pump dependant on prices will do so. Will let you know if i come across any problems and how the car runs afterwards

olly

lol expensive is relative to how much you value your car and if you are wanting to up the boost even by a little it's the cheaper option than getting it repaired later as you tend to need to get the head checked if the HG blows £££ possibly new valves as the old ones might have burnt £££ getting head skimmed if it has warped £££ and so on lol £££

you can buy a head gasket set from e-bay pretty sure everything in the set is useable however the head gasket would be a standard one and i don't think you get head studs with it. you'll need to buy a new tensioner for the timing gear which is a toyota only part AFAIK so that would be the 'cheap' way to do it if you done the labour yourself. but if a couple of month down the line your water pump goes or your oil pump fails then the price for the 'cheap' fix goes up if you get what i mean

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links