Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Parking Sensor

Phil Jeffery

Hi. I'm new to the group so not sure if this question has been asked before?. Wonder if any one can recomend a good retro fit rear parking sensor kit for my 55 plate D4D Avensis other than paying main agent prices?

Cheers.

PHIL JEFFERY

Hi. I'm new to the group so not sure if this question has been asked before?. Wonder if any one can recomend a good retro fit rear parking sensor kit for my 55 plate D4D Avensis other than paying main agent prices?

Cheers.

PHIL JEFFERY

Hello Phil im NEW too but as you have just asked about reversing sensors im your man. i have had my Avensis t3s 2003 1.8 for 3 weeks now and love it, but when looking for a parking sensor i found some on eBay my car is silver and the sensors i have came in black or silver even though they are paintable, ready painted silver was just the job.

this was a very easy item to fit, place display module where required on dashboard, run cable along to the boot, i just tucked mine in the dash and sill covers. there are four sensors and you need to take your time marking them or they will turn out a bit wonky. the kit includes a whole cutter for the bumper of the correct size, so drill four holes and feed wires into boot then connect them to the control box they just push in.as does the wire from the display and the power wires just push in too, the power wires are one to earth and one to the live feed for the reverse light.

so when you put the car in reverse the sensors come on and go off when you take it out of reverse.

If you want phontos and advice on how to do this the e mail me @ ianjames75@aol.com

the eBay item number for the sensors i bought is here ----> 370023399617 (just copy and paste number into eBay search

Hi there,

I had some fitted to my Avensis last week.

The guy came to my work place and fitted them in 2 hrs.

£175, not cheap but he did a top job.

If you want to save a few quid then d.i.y, i didn't want to risk

messing up so was happy to pay the little extra.

Here's a link just in case you decide to get them fitted http://perfect-parking.co.uk.

All the best,

Shy B)

Cheers.

PHIL JEFFERY

Hello Phil im NEW too but as you have just asked about reversing sensors im your man. i have had my Avensis t3s 2003 1.8 for 3 weeks now and love it, but when looking for a parking sensor i found some on eBay my car is silver and the sensors i have came in black or silver even though they are paintable, ready painted silver was just the job.

this was a very easy item to fit, place display module where required on dashboard, run cable along to the boot, i just tucked mine in the dash and sill covers. there are four sensors and you need to take your time marking them or they will turn out a bit wonky. the kit includes a whole cutter for the bumper of the correct size, so drill four holes and feed wires into boot then connect them to the control box they just push in.as does the wire from the display and the power wires just push in too, the power wires are one to earth and one to the live feed for the reverse light.

so when you put the car in reverse the sensors come on and go off when you take it out of reverse.

If you want phontos and advice on how to do this the e mail me @ ianjames75@aol.com

the eBay item number for the sensors i bought is here ----> 370023399617 (just copy and paste number into eBay search

Hi Again. Just read your post SHY, looked at the website and the system i have is a 4 sensor rear only (im tall and can see the front)

4004 Reverse Parking Sensor Kit

4 Round Recessed Sensors

LED Digital Display & Audible Alert

Next Day Delivery £89.99

including VAT and delivery

This Item cost me £23 to my door in 3 days. ok it took my 3 hurs to fit it but that was at leas 90 mins deciding where to put the display on the dash the connecting and routing cables is 30 mins max but did take time measuring sensors i will post a pic if you like just dont know how yet ....lol

Just out of interest which one did you have SHY and where did he put the LED DISPLAY ??

THINK I MIGHT START FITTING REVERSING SENSORS £175 A TIME

Cheers.

PHIL JEFFERY

Cheers.

PHIL JEFFERY

Hi ian,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to ya.

The kit he used was a Cobrs without the display, just a buzzer they're around £70.

Like I said, it's not cheap but i get piece of mind and the fitter

said "don't hesitate to contact me if you have any problems".

So if anything does go wrong, it's just a phone call to get it sorted.

It comes down to personal preference really, i hate messing with

things i don't have a clue about.

Shy B)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just joined user club and am pleased to see discussion on reverse sensors, this is where I have a problem.

Fitting reverse sensors to my Avensis Verso and decided best place for display was in rear of car hanging from boot light in toof. thought his would save running cables the length of car and you should be looking over your shoulder when reversing.

Display fitted OK with cable running under roof lining and down inside rear pillar to cubbyhole where jack is stored, (ideal place to put sensor conrtol box.

Sensors fitted OK to bumper and cables run through sealed hole to same cubbyhole.

Thought I was doing well, but then came my problem, connecting to reverse light power supply.

I opened the rear of the reverse light to identify the correct cable by the colour, the live feed is yellow/red, great find the same wire in the loom in the the back of the car and link in.

NO GO - There is a wiring loom plug/socket situated in the jack cubbyhole but no yellow/red wire. So I checked the wires where they enter the boot lid through the rubber flexable at the top of the door, there's no yellow/red cable there either.

So that's my problem, how do I identify the reverse live feed in the wiring loom situated in the jack cubbyhole on an Avensis Verso, any help on this will be greatly appreciated as I have been loosing my sanity trying to figure it.

Thanks in advance

DavidF

Hi all,

Just joined user club and am pleased to see discussion on reverse sensors, this is where I have a problem.

Fitting reverse sensors to my Avensis Verso and decided best place for display was in rear of car hanging from boot light in toof. thought his would save running cables the length of car and you should be looking over your shoulder when reversing.

Display fitted OK with cable running under roof lining and down inside rear pillar to cubbyhole where jack is stored, (ideal place to put sensor conrtol box.

Sensors fitted OK to bumper and cables run through sealed hole to same cubbyhole.

Thought I was doing well, but then came my problem, connecting to reverse light power supply.

I opened the rear of the reverse light to identify the correct cable by the colour, the live feed is yellow/red, great find the same wire in the loom in the the back of the car and link in.

NO GO - There is a wiring loom plug/socket situated in the jack cubbyhole but no yellow/red wire. So I checked the wires where they enter the boot lid through the rubber flexable at the top of the door, there's no yellow/red cable there either.

So that's my problem, how do I identify the reverse live feed in the wiring loom situated in the jack cubbyhole on an Avensis Verso, any help on this will be greatly appreciated as I have been loosing my sanity trying to figure it.

Thanks in advance

DavidF

Not worked with Avensis Verso much.

Feed for reverse lamps are usually on passenger side (nearside) and either pink or plain red. I always connect parking sensors feed/earth wires as close to the bulb holder as i can.

Does the Verso only have the reverse light on the one side too? If you are looking for a wire on the drivers side and it doesnt have a reverse lamp you will never find it. :)

Mart.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

DavidF

Feed for reverse lamps are usually on passenger side (nearside) and either pink or plain red. I always connect parking sensors feed/earth wires as close to the bulb holder as i can.

Does the Verso only have the reverse light on the one side too? If you are looking for a wire on the drivers side and it doesnt have a reverse lamp you will never find it. :)

Mart.

There are two reverse lights each side of the tailgate, so feed goes through the rubber tube connector at top of tailgate then down each side of the rear window. If I connect close to the bulb, I have to run a new cable up the side side columns of the tailgate, through the rubbrt connector then down the rear nearside pillar to the jack cubbyhole, quite a task.

The wiring loom I found is in the jcubbyhole on nearside of vehicle and have some 20-30 cables. there are no pink or red, they all seem to be combinations of green, white and black, and some have silver dots on.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

DavidF

Mart.

There are two reverse lights each side of the tailgate, so feed goes through the rubber tube connector at top of tailgate then down each side of the rear window. If I connect close to the bulb, I have to run a new cable up the side side columns of the tailgate, through the rubbrt connector then down the rear nearside pillar to the jack cubbyhole, quite a task.

The wiring loom I found is in the jcubbyhole on nearside of vehicle and have some 20-30 cables. there are no pink or red, they all seem to be combinations of green, white and black, and some have silver dots on.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Mart,

Problem solved thanks to you, your hint about the red wire gave it to me, went back to the rubber flexable going into top of tailgate, and with much streaching and pulling, found there was a red wire in the bunch, so took a chance and tapped into it and hey presto it was right.

Thanks again Mart for your help, without that hint I would still be floundering.

Great user site to get this amount of help for a newby

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

DavidF

Mart.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Mart,

Problem solved thanks to you, your hint about the red wire gave it to me, went back to the rubber flexable going into top of tailgate, and with much streaching and pulling, found there was a red wire in the bunch, so took a chance and tapped into it and hey presto it was right.

Thanks again Mart for your help, without that hint I would still be floundering.

Great user site to get this amount of help for a newby

Good to hear :D

Mart.