Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Cts Owner

PearsonDK

Hey All

Just changed my Yaris TS for a used Corolla TS http://www.bilbasen.dk/brugt-bil/forhandle..._ID51302573.htm

And ive got a few questions.

My plan is to fit 18" alloy's and have it lowered aswell.

The wheels I have in mind are OZ Ultraleggera 7"x18" ET38 4x100 with 215/40/18. Will they fit without rubbing?? http://katalog.rallycenteret.dk/gfx/wheelb...ltraleggera.jpg

And I want to drop it 45mm with H&R lowering springs, again will I have problems with rubbing or not?? http://www.h-r.com/bin/29329.pdf

And does anyone have pics of a CTS lowered and with 18" on it??

Looking forward to your replies.

PearsonDK

Denmark

The 18" wheels will defo fit without rubbing. However i'm not sure wether they would rub with only using lowering springs without stiffer shocks.

I'm not normally a fan of big wheels and modding but it will look awesome on those OZs!

Agreed.. They don't look as massive as many big wheels does.

But will it be to big a drop to fit them. Or should I get a 35mm drop instead.

Im just afraid that it will look like if it was on stilts if I don't lower it enough.

What a different loooking TS! If it wasn't for the give away exhaust it'd look like a T-Spirit!

Its because of the heavy taxation on cars in Denmark, the cars in Denmark are europes cheapest before the goverment takes it share.

On a new car we pay 180% tax on the car + 25% vat.

The price roughly equels about 23.000 quid for a 4 year old car.

Sold my 3 year old Yaris 1,5 T-sport for 16.500 quid ;)

So sometimes they save on some of the equibment to make the price more sensible.

lolz ! that seems a lot, couldnt u buy one over here and get it imported ?

also them wheels look nice, they expensive ?

lolz ! that seems a lot, couldnt u buy one over here and get it imported ?

also them wheels look nice, they expensive ?

Have to pay import tax on it.. which is the same 180% + 25% = :o If i got one for 5000 quid before its ready to have license plates on it, would cost 11250 pounds + shipping + steering wheel in the wrong side.

Got a good offer on them.. But still expensive. Im being offered to buy the 18" for 17" price.

The wheels I think are the optional TTE ones.

That CTS looks nice and discreet. There's not even a rear spoiler on it. Imagine blowing away some corsa/saxo driving chav in that car! :)

If tsports looked like that over here I wouldnt even look twice, theres a big difference between discreet and just plain. I guess if your paying those prices you have no choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply.

Got my new TS the other day :yahoo:

Well for one think its alot more powerful then my old Yaris. And when lift kicks in......... :toast:

Got another one instead of the one I posted. A black 03 with TTE frontspoiler, TTE rearspoiler and TTE coilovers.

Didn't get 18" as the previous owner said the car got too hard with them on. But did just fit brand new 17" Ultraleggera's on her today :D

Also installed a Dension Ipod kit to use with my Ipod Touch. But it works like crap :censor:

Will get a couple of pic's of it this weekend and post them here...