Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed Bumps

flexy7

Wow exploding calipers :eek:

When you say the calipers are intact and the "associated" bits were on the road, what bits do you mean? was there a loss of fluid? was it both sides? or was it a hose that burst. What I'm getting at is what actually fell off?

Kingo :thumbsup:

Makes no sense to me!!

Unless a disk cracked.. then broke in two..... which is pretty unlikely....

:!Removed!: Hello everyone, The other day my brakes went with a bang ,Bits everywhere, Calipers intact but all bits associated with them were deposited on the road. The brakes were working absolutely perfectly (Sharp with no squeaks for nearly 3 years) and have been checked regularly. The thing is that recently they have installed 19 sets of speed bumps near me (On a stretch of road little more than 1 mile long!) I have complained to the auth :yes: orities (Before my brakes went I must add) and their engineers have confirmed they may have been over zealous and are gonna remove some & lower others (Result) I was just wandering if anyone could confirm that speed bumps could contribute to brake damage, I may sue !

I've never heard of brake problems, but I know that a lot of drivers have problems with suspension failures. In some cases the local authority have had to remove / reduce the height of bumps because of problems.

I think we need more info, was it a brake disk that shattered? this can happen

But I do not think it was related to going over speed bumps unless you been accelerating to the bumps and then braking down heavy each time?

Sounde like the pad material may have come away from the metal... if the pad was new enoughthat would in theory leave enough space for the metal pad backing to pop out....

What pads did it have??? I always try to avoid cheapy pattern parts, oem toyota or better!

this happened to me in a old lada niva i had, ended up rolling it and it was a right off lol. It hapened to me because the pad were worn to the point where they just slipped out between the cailaper and disk. when did you last change them?

Mr.T want £30.55 + VAT for pad fitting kit, need them fast so may have to pay the 'Ransom' !

At least with the correct shim kits and pads, they are much less likely to fall out of the caliper, even with a pad that has collapsed I have never seen one jettison itself out of the caliper.........very strange, more to it than meets the eye I suspect

Kingo :thumbsup: