Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Ss2 Battery

mattjdarkstar

Just swaped my Battery in my 95 celica SS2, the Bat that was in there was a Bosch SRX 60B24L

I replaced with a Type 054 Varta Asia Car Battery 12V 40Ah

Does anyone know if this is ok? it looks small than the old one, or does that not matter?

Any help would be great!

Check the amps the Battery puts out, because it is smaller it does not mean it wont do the job. I assume the terminals fit with no probs?

Yea the terminals fit ok, it starts the car fine at the moment, the old batt was a 60B24L but i cant find a current rating on the batt or online anywhere for it.

need to get the multi-meter out and make sure the alternator is also working ok and charging new batt, hopefully it is ok.

Current isn't the issue, capacity is.

I think 50Ah would be better suited, but you should be fine with the 40Ah if you use the car regularly. You just have a slightly greater chance that if you leave the car standing for too long and it doesn't start first time you may drain the power before it starts.

Battery life may be slightly less than you'd have got with a 50Ah too.

Avoid leaving anything electrical on, and use regularly or else top up with a charger.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links