Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Change

TWOTOY

Can someone tell me where the oil filter is located on a 2002 Camry? I've always had the dealer do the oil changes, this time I wanted to get underneath and have a look at things.

Toyota like to hide them away in hard to get at places :lol:

Well on my 97 V6 it's under the exhaust manifold.

look at the motor. You see the black cover that says 3.0 on it. Next closer to you, you see the coils, after the coils is the exhaust manifold. On the right side you see the oxgen sensor then there is a bump, in the manifold, then another, between that bump and the next under the manifold. Lives the oil filter. Right in front of the motor mount. Infact it is almost in-line with your left knee cap on the motor.

Hope this helps. Might not make much sence reading it, but infront of the car with the hood up. It should make since.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I forgot to mention that it's a V-6, and for the benefit of anyone else who might need to know, I did finally find it. It's up between engine and radiator under the exhaust manifold, difficult to see, but not that bad for getting at. It's nice to be able to remove the filter from above so that oil doesn't run down your arm. I continue to be impressed with Japanese design.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links