Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modding My E11?!

ljcni99

i have finally decided to keep my corolla for a wile longer. After there was aminor accident i decided to upgrade rather than just replace the parts.

TTE bumper and spoiler bought. Going to get sprayed next week.

Does anyone know if the strips along the doors are just stuck on with glue (easy removed) or is there pin hole which will need filled in and painted??

Also going to do minor engine modds:

I seen a s/s manifold on eBay Brand New T-304 Stainless Steel Exhaust Header. They say it gives 8-10 added bhp. Is this true or just a scam??

I was going to buy this then a full cat back system off fensport.

They also sell a piggy back ecu system that also gives 8 bhp. Are these any good?

I am new to this so any help in any other modds or tuning that can be done will be appreciated

Thanks

welcome to the TOC!

I have an e11 (1.6 SR) so for some basic modding hints check my site, i trust you have a 1.6?

if you don't the 'headers' (as the yanks call them) won't fit as they only go on the 1.6. also if you look beneath the heat shield you should fine a rather good exhaust manifold there already. 8-10 BHp is rather hopeful, it might be true if you had a 1987 engine which cam with a cast manifold, or if you're in america the exhaust manifold has a much more strigent emission control system which saps lots of power. you might see 1-3 BHp over here, however full cat back system is a good investment as should be the Icon Superchips piggy-back ECU.

hope this helps ;)

thanks

yea mines 1.6 sr aswell. so the manifold will fit. This coupled with the full cat back system and a decat should provide some extra bhp evn a slight gain. Yea i think the chip will be installed too. Its ment to give 8bhp. And a decent induction kit will give a wee bit. so bound ti get another 12 bhp or so bring it up to the 120 mark.

Do you also know if there are any cheaper fog lights to fit the tte bumper? the ones from fensport are £120 but im just checking if there is any cheaper ones.

Any other mods for bhp can be done? I know its not a tunable engine.

Mite have to save for a convesion. But which is better AGE or AGZE. Supercharger means more fuel etc. Which would be the easier one to do?

yeah i'd say 120Bhp is easily attainable on the 4A-FE, the GE would be an easier swap than the GZE but have you considered a 4A-GE blacktop?

I have considered putting in a blacktop but still being 19 the insurance companys wont touch me with an engine conversion.

What other modds can be made to the afe to tune it.

I have looked at your site and was wondering about the cams. The obviously made a big difference. But are they really expensive? What sort of change did they make??

and as for the turbo manifold.....where did you get it? i was looking at turbo kits for it. i rather like my afe engine and would love to turbo it.

i never got the right shim's for the 270 cams, but when i put my 290 cams in (the off ones i had made) it pulled really well at about 4000rpm onwards, completely different to drive. but not cheap, over £500 spent just getting them in. The turbo manifold doesn't fit straight on it's for an earlier 4A-GE head, i had it imported from america but they're pretty similar to the ones you can buy on eBay now. you could fit the turbo all you need is the early GE head (like that from a mk1 mr2) and as long as you didn't put too much boost on you could run the turbo on the standard internals.

ah thanks thats really helpful. i seen them on eBay and was thinking if i first did a conversion then turbod the age. but im a nit stubborn and would prefer to tune the afe since everyone says it cant be done i would like to prove them wrong.

will the cylinder head fit on the rest of the afe engine? how far along hve you got yours? have u seen the bolt on turbo kits from usa? some include manifold but are £1500 for the kit.

the GE head will fit the 4a-fe, whatsmore the shape of the fe pistons with the ge head would bring the compression ratio down to a safe turbo value, i was once in your position, what ever you do don't try to N/A tune the FE head, its an expensive (very expensive) route and the results are dissapointing, have a crack a turboing it and let us know how you get on. ;)