Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Hate Cyclists

GIDDLEPIN

Not your every day cyclist (well some of them anyway :rolleyes: ) The ones I truly detest are the weekend Lycra brigade who decide to use the roads near my village as a rally route to the coast, It wouldn't be so bad if they were polite or gave other road users any consideration but no, these ignorant wastes of space think it's their god given right to ride two or three abreast, holding up traffic and being totally abusive to anyone who dares to blow a horn in frustration at them.

So, to all this concerns.............Get off the road Change out of the Lycra (Yes you really do look a t*at) and climb back into your Chelsea tractors (your weekend save the planet antics fool nobody) :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

Oooo, that feels better :)

Lol...............did they upset you Les?? ;)

The Lycra brigade used to race up and down the A1 between Peterborough and Huntingdon.....................the council made it into a motorway................That soon stopped their antics :lol::lol:

Well dont worry Les, as a cyclist I can happily inform you that by in large all of the motorists in general hate us, they wont give us room on our bikes, dont see why they should move their killing machines over a bit to allow us room to move or even dodge pot holes, and given some of the pot holes we need some room. If there are pot holes you would dodge with your alloys then think what this would do to a 22mm thick light alluminium cycle wheel

I have had people shout as they pass, right at the last minute to scare the brown stuff out you. I have had bottles cans and other rubbish thrown at me. I have had a car deliberately knock me off my bike at a round about. A woman reversed into me coming out of her driveway and onto the main road, while I was picking stones out of my knee and trying to get my bike going again as there was still 10 miles to get home you would have thought the woman who knocked me down would have apologised? No she told me it was not her fault she did not see me ????????

It seems there is a unique attitude in this country which lets the average lame brain function normally but when there is a cyclist close they forget they are driving an armored killing machine and think I know I will brown off this nutter on a bike for a little sport.

In general we know we are not the most popular user group but since most of the other road users are in metal vehicles then please afford us a little room, we want to enjoy cycling not take on other road users and ultimately pay the cost with our bodies. Coming off a bike is seriously sore and is greatly damaging in cost of flesh and broken bones if we are lucky.

Sit in the safety of your metal vehicle and wait for an opportunity to pass. Two a breast is legal, three a breast is not legal and very difficult to pass I understand your frustration, but you would wait for any other road user or pedestrian. The cycling community is also trying to deal with this issue but over the winter there were a number of accidents and one death of a very talented cyclist who got knocked off his bike with a van in the highlands. This is being discussed at length on some cycling forums, and the organisations are calling for tolerance and striking a balance..... how do we achieve that?

these ignorant wastes of space think it's their god given right to ride two or three abreast, holding up traffic

Errrr, sorry to upset the Apple cart but actually it IS their right to use the road, one or two abreast, three is pushing it. Have you ever ridden a bike and realised how selfish and dangerous car drivers really are? Well I have, I use cycle paths and even pavements if at all posssible and still you have cars undertaking cars turning right and moving into the cycle lane to make progress.

My other half was sent into the air, smashing the windscreen of the car that hit her last year, she was shaken and bruised but thankfully OK, the driver turned right, head on, into the path of my missus. She was taken to hospital, the Police arrived and said, "This is the second one of these this morning, the sun is low in the sky" WTF! Is that an excuse to smash into somebody? Apparantly it's OK, because the sun was low, due care and attention goes out of the window then does it? This was on a road where 200 meters away they made a laybye so that the Police speed detector van could stop and prosecute those going over 30 MPH. Dont do 33MPH and suffer a £60 fine and three points, go and mow down a cyclist, thats free!

Kingo :thumbsup:

PS The ignorant driver is currently having the *rse sued off him..............Had an accident? not your fault?.........yer too right!

Well dont worry Les, as a cyclist I can happily inform you that by in large all of the motorists in general hate us, they wont give us room on our bikes, dont see why they should move their killing machines over a bit to allow us room to move or even dodge pot holes, and given some of the pot holes we need some room. If there are pot holes you would dodge with your alloys then think what this would do to a 22mm thick light alluminium cycle wheel

I have had people shout as they pass, right at the last minute to scare the brown stuff out you. I have had bottles cans and other rubbish thrown at me. I have had a car deliberately knock me off my bike at a round about. A woman reversed into me coming out of her driveway and onto the main road, while I was picking stones out of my knee and trying to get my bike going again as there was still 10 miles to get home you would have thought the woman who knocked me down would have apologised? No she told me it was not her fault she did not see me ????????

It seems there is a unique attitude in this country which lets the average lame brain function normally but when there is a cyclist close they forget they are driving an armored killing machine and think I know I will brown off this nutter on a bike for a little sport.

In general we know we are not the most popular user group but since most of the other road users are in metal vehicles then please afford us a little room, we want to enjoy cycling not take on other road users and ultimately pay the cost with our bodies. Coming off a bike is seriously sore and is greatly damaging in cost of flesh and broken bones if we are lucky.

Sit in the safety of your metal vehicle and wait for an opportunity to pass. Two a breast is legal, three a breast is not legal and very difficult to pass I understand your frustration, but you would wait for any other road user or pedestrian. The cycling community is also trying to deal with this issue but over the winter there were a number of accidents and one death of a very talented cyclist who got knocked off his bike with a van in the highlands. This is being discussed at length on some cycling forums, and the organisations are calling for tolerance and striking a balance..... how do we achieve that?

Martin.

Any responsible cyclist who uses todays roads has my utmost admiration and respect. My rant could be aimed at any ignorant, inconsiderate individual who has no respect for other road users be they cyclists, motorists, truck drivers or even pedestrians, today this happens to be against the two wheeled pedal variety and I'm sure tomorrow there will be some other offensive individual who will rattle my cage but I will NEVER tar all people with the same brush. ;)

Les

I will NEVER tar all people with the same brush. ;)

Les

:g: Hmmmmm, "Chelsea Tractors " Les ?

Les

"Chelsea Tractors "

Big - Gas guzzling 4X4's ;) :lol:

Les

"Chelsea Tractors "

That will be the Toyota Land Cruiser Amazon V8 Diesel then....

Les

"Chelsea Tractors "

That will be the Toyota Land Cruiser Amazon V8 Diesel then....

It certainly would not be the RAV ;) :)

It certainly would not be the RAV ;) :)

You are correct...My medium size full time 4x4 is getting 44mpg regularly.....

I cycle a lot but these cycle clubs that use the road as a race track really annoy me. Why are cyclists allowed to use the public roads to race?

Some of the participants are too intent on winning that they will forgo lights and even reflectors at dusk.

I haven't experienced anything too bad as a cyclist but I wish people would leave enough space for me to undertake them in traffic :)

poor you , too old for lycra and too old to ride a bike,---- tough i say . wait your time.

poor you , too old for lycra and too old to ride a bike,---- tough i say . wait your time.

It was you wasn't it? (Honestly thought you were younger than that) :o :lol:

Wouldn't say I was too old to wear Lycra judging by some of the sights I saw ;)

Can still ride a bike, but not brave enough............You seen all the idiot drivers out there? :yes:

Les

Wow Chatman is getting 44mpg in his raV4 regularly, now Im impressed

Robbie are you serious you do not think cycling clubs should be allowed to use the rods for cycle racing... I cant get that one

Les your last quote is a classic :lol:

Well why are cyclists allowed to use the roads for racing. Could it not technically be illegal?

Encouraging people to go as fast as possible on a public highway, ie removing lights and reflectors, it's rediculous.

Les, does anyone make bull bars for the MR2? ;)

Cyclists don't bother me if they keep out of the way, after all its clean, keeps people fit and in theory eases congestion... It’s as soon as they start getting in the way that they annoy me... It’s all very well them holding cars up when the cars can go faster, but as soon as the lights change they carry on and shout if they thing the cars are in the way... Lets also not forget the off road foot paths where there are no cars, just cyclists and walkers, walkers are forever getting bullied out of the way by people on mountain bikes travelling at speed. – They don’t like the natural hierarchy on the roads, but are fine with it when they- are the biggest.

Two abreast is stupid, especially on the single track lanes I live on, -yet they still do it... taking up 3/4 of the road between them on a derestricted road... Lots are getting HID kits not too, with no head light like deflectors, so they blind motorists at night... this is even worse than the idiots with no lights, no reflectors and dark clothes that ride by the moonlight on the very same unlit, derestricted roads.... Are these people mentally deficient, or do they have a genuine death wish??

In Germany it’s not such an issue as there are proper pavement mounted cycle paths in most places, I think where ever cyclist are mixing with cars busses and truck there will be problems.

I have contemplated a few times riding to work as its only 10 miles or so... I just don't fancy riding along national speed limit single trackish roads where cars have right of way... I respect that, I wish others would!

I think if you're not paying road tax then you shouldn't be using the road!! :lol:

Don't have a problem with cyclists provided they are being sensible, 3 a-breast is asking for trouble!

Don't understand the mentality of horse riders either, they take a horse out of a field to walk it down the road and back to a field?

Thank you so much for waving me past when i've had to stop on a narrow road but how about you ride them in the sodding field!!

:ffs:

The Highway Code is for all road users and Rule 66 states

You should

keep both hands on the handlebars except when signalling or changing gear

keep both feet on the pedals

never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends

not ride close behind another vehicle

not carry anything which will affect your balance or may get tangled up with your wheels or chain

be considerate of other road users, particularly blind and partially sighted pedestrians. Let them know you are there when necessary, for example, by ringing your bell if you have one. It is recommended that a bell be fitted

Pity our friendly Bobby doesn't fine these cyclist for braking the highway code just as they do for the motorist.

All is good with the world today and cyclists are my best friends ;)

The only thing that has rattled me so far is that the buttie van never had tinned tomatoes for my sandwich!!! :ffs:

nah les wasnt me marra , if i was down yourshire on me bike id be lost . i personally ride on the tracks provided by SUSTRANS, KEEP OFF the roads as much as possible i do , regulally ride from sunderland to billingham and back on disused railway lines. No lycra for me either , wife says i show too much - AHEM !!

I think your OP is right. Cyclist should not be allowed on the roads as 1) they dont pay to be there (no road tax) 2) they dont have to have insurance, so the rest of us paying motorist have to fork out for their wastage of time and space. I wouldn't mind them so much if they were actually contributing to society but they do nothing just hold us up and cause accidents due to inconsiderate cyclists.

The same can be said for tractors too. They dont pay to be there (do they?) and when have you ever seen a tractor pull over to let cars go past? Never.

And dont get me started on caravans and horseboxes!

I think your OP is right. Cyclist should not be allowed on the roads as 1) they dont pay to be there (no road tax) 2) they dont have to have insurance, so the rest of us paying motorist have to fork out for their wastage of time and space. I wouldn't mind them so much if they were actually contributing to society but they do nothing just hold us up and cause accidents due to inconsiderate cyclists.

The same can be said for tractors too. They dont pay to be there (do they?) and when have you ever seen a tractor pull over to let cars go past? Never.

Don't give me that streotypical sittin on the fence bumph..........Speak yer mind man :D

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yes some interesting views there! :lol:

Iv never really had a problem with cyclists. However iv noticed a few cyclists have these lights that "flash" rather than just stay on, which are absolutely pointless as you only ever see them every second!