Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica 140 Top Speed?

celica140sport

hi i recently purchased a 2001 gen 7 celica 140, i decided to give it a decent thrash at hit 145mph, my mates found it hard to believe. is this possible or is my speedo out?

hi i recently purchased a 2001 gen 7 celica 140, i decided to give it a decent thrash at hit 145mph, my mates found it hard to believe. is this possible or is my speedo out?

Speedos are almost always out; more so at the top end.

On a long straight track (e.g. disused runway), Sat Nav speeds tend to be more accurate, though on a curved one they can be inaccurate too.

I very much doubt whether a 140 can do anything like 145mph.

I think 130 would be more realistic, all Speedos read faster than your actual speed as Manufacturers would be in serious trouble if it was the other way round.

145mph in a 140.. i thought the speedo only went upto 140!

But yeah on stock wheels my speedo says 70, my road angel said 63; so doubling that i would estimate you were doing closer to 126mph.

Also the car tends to struggle past 100... unless you drop it down to 5th... so if you stayed in 6th to get to 145mph then thats one hell of an engine you have under there!

I know my 140BHP has been upto 117mph in 6th, hitting about 5500 revs. The red line is 6800 I think, so more was in her. As for 145mph, no way. 127 I think is the printed top speed, but I do think it could hit a little over that. I agree with Scarlett, 130 or 135 if you've had some work done on it.

TOC does not and cannot condone threads claiming these sort of speeds on public roads - it is after all, illegal!

Keep your racing to the track! Driving at 145mph is dangerous believe it or not! Unless you can prove this was on a track I'm closing this thread for good. Those sorts of speeds are stupid! :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links