Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aux Belt Tensioner

cabcurtains

Hello All,

This noise is driving me mad (pardon the pun) has anyone paid to have it sorted? If so how much labour is inolved and how much should the genuine parts be?

Hello All,

This noise is driving me mad (pardon the pun) has anyone paid to have it sorted? If so how much labour is inolved and how much should the genuine parts be?

I had it done,part was less than 50euro,not a massive job,including lab it was less than 100euro anyhow,wasnt toyota that done it though. It should only be an hours lab

Is it the actual tensioner itself?

Am i right to assume its just a case of removing the belt and replacing the tensioner?

Am i right to assume its just a case of removing the belt and replacing the tensioner?

Yea, its called an idler or tensioner,depend on who you talk to. I think it a case of slackening a screw on the idler to take the tension of the belt,remove belt then you can go about removing the idler pulley itself. I gave it to the garage thou cause was getting other things done it the time. I got the tensioner from Toyota as well and gave the car to my local reputable private garage, 80euro an hour for that job in Ireland from Toyota,30 from this guy,and the car is out of warranty so no point in bring it to them

Yea, its called an idler or tensioner,depend on who you talk to. I think it a case of slackening a screw on the idler to take the tension of the belt,remove belt then you can go about removing the idler pulley itself. I gave it to the garage thou cause was getting other things done it the time. I got the tensioner from Toyota as well and gave the car to my local reputable private garage, 80euro an hour for that job in Ireland from Toyota,30 from this guy,and the car is out of warranty so no point in bring it to them

Magic, thanks for the gen :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links