Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust D Cat Pro's And Con's

fiz-vvti

Pro's: A lot more free flowing exhaust, should see a bit more power out of it.

Con's: Its illegal on a car that age, you'll be putting out too much by way of emissions. If you get caught, expect fines for an unroadworthy car. And you'll have to put a Cat in for MOT's.

hmm, thats what i thought, does it not have harmful affects on the car

and cheers for the reply mate

Well running the car without a cat will free up the car's throttle response. Making it feel a bit quicker. And you will find that the car will be a lot louder as well as the exhaust gases will be flowing straight through instead of going into the cat. And been a modern car you might get problems with the engine light coming on all the time as you have removed the cat. Another way around this you could go for a sports cat which is ment to be a lot less restricted than your original cat. Hope this helps you.

jerry!!

nah, the engine light doesn't come on, looks like i'll have to sort the cat out for the mot though

ah well

i think the main issue i would have is that i dont want to cause any major problems to the car

Neah, don't think you'll see any probs with the car itself, other than the post-cat sensor going nuts, and probably failing over time. Unless you've removed it, of course...!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links