Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Prices Wtf

DaveSR

Who are we going to war with now????

The petrol companies

People should all get Aygos.... and stop complaining about fuel prices! ;)

Seriously though... it's becoming a joke - they protested in 2000 over having to spend 80p a litre on unleaded - we're now paying £1.07 a litre and no-ones doing anything.... why? We're not all earning that much more than in 2000! Not to mention they're adding another 2p a litre fuel duty soon....

I can see one of two things.... either everyone will see sense and buy Aygos and the UK will be renamed "Aygoland" or people will start to kick off.... I suspect the latter!

Not to mention they're adding another 2p a litre fuel duty soon....

Think we should all remember this at the next election and vote with our feet. We must now be the most taxed country

in the world. :angry:

We have been way ahead of other countries for donkeys. Governments come and go fuel duty keeps going up.

and the government makes money every time oil goes up. money above and beyond the price hikes they stick on us, and regardles sof them also. This is the dishonesty of a government that is keeping the poor financially destitute and making the moderately well off tomorrows paupers.

We are cattle!

One of the main problems with fuel prices is the governing body (can't remember what they're called), who control the amount of oil that can be exported. This puts the price per barrel up, but tour government do not lower the tax they take to compensate this. Instead they just keep putting the price of fuel up!

I know it's to pay for stuff or should I say 'waste money on stuff', as well as to or a small note encourage us to drive more fuel effecient cars. The problem is, we choose what cars we drive and therefore 'they' know we'll pay it. If everybody stopped driving the cars we want and all drove Aygos, the fuel price would either go way up or tax on something else would go sky high to compensate. This is because the government want that tax money.

Regardless of what governments say, they do not want us to reduce the amount of oil we use, as the world makes too much money from it. If we had a more greener and natural-free type of fuel source, then it would be differcult to tax and then tax would go on other stuff that we'd use on a daily basis!

I hate the current price of fuel as I spend about £300 a month on the stuff, but at the end of the day they know we'll pay it!

Meh Sod agyos... veg oil powered Hiluxes are the way forward ;)

£5 of fuel gets my car nowhere now, even the needle barely moves!

About 9 years ago I filled a Jerry can up and it cost £2.80p. Last week I could get a fiver in it!

I am just shocked that there havent been riots yet!!

My dad says they always put it up over the easter weekend for when people are going on holiday. RIP OFF GOVERNMENT!!!!

I'm not saying that I am older but, I can remember buying 4 gallons for £1 :rolleyes:

Just filled the truck up... Decided to go pure diesel for a change... £72!

OPEC meets tomorrow but they are saying that as the increase in prices aren't due to demand, no increase in production is likely. So no low prices in the near future.

Mainly the price is a bit unsteady because oil is bought and sold in dollars, and the dollar is rapidly heading downwards. In theory it should even out, but it doesn't. Somebody is making their cut somewhere.

Paul.

I'm not saying that I am older but, I can remember buying 4 gallons for £1 :rolleyes:

Must be my age then ;) As a 17 year old lad I could fill my Austin 1100 fuel tank (8 gallons) for.........................£2.24!! :eek: (Thats 5s.5d a gallon in old stuff) Not that I could ever afford to fill it up :rolleyes:

My old man hasn't filled his current car to the brim yet... as most pumps cut off at the £100 limit!!!

£5 of fuel gets my car nowhere now, even the needle barely moves!

Know what you mean Jappy - currently, I get about 25 miles for a fiver in my 6th gen Celica :(

Filled mine up today, cost £70. If I didn't have a fuel card I'd be bankrupt by now!

Not to mention they're adding another 2p a litre fuel duty soon....

Think we should all remember this at the next election and vote with our feet. We must now be the most taxed country

in the world. :angry:

If you think you are the most taxed Country in the world, you should try living in Ireland. Apart from all the other taxes Diesel is Euro2.09 per Litre. Un leaded is the same. That is in the cheapest Filling Station in town. Another one is 10 cent more. Can't be bothered converting that to Sterling. + Higher Tax ( no Vintage rate) & they are doing you a favour by insuring you. :censor: :ffs: :crybaby:

That's about £1.55 per litre :eek:

However, how much is the road tax over in sunny Ireland? £210 for T Sport over in Britain approx 275 euro

That's about £1.55 per litre :eek:

However, how much is the road tax over in sunny Ireland? £210 for T Sport over in Britain approx 275 euro

Too bloody cold & wet to go out to Garage to look . :D . Think it is about Euro 350 per year. But wait till you hear this. My car is a 1991 corolla Executive GL. Insurance have it valued @ Euro 750. Gross cover , 3rd party, fire & theft is Euro1247.17 ! :ffs: I have 50% No Claims +other allowances (Penalty Points free) which brings me down to Euro 598.93 per year. :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links