Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Head Unit Code?

NE_CTS

Hi folks, thought I'd kick off my forum registration with a question.

Having read all the good things about Typhoon kits I've went and ordered one - it should be getting fitted this weekend. My question is - does the standard Toyota stereo require an anti-theft code after the Battery has been disconnected/re-connected during the fitting of the induction kit?

Alright fella!

As a fellow new starter, welcome! :thumbsup:

Snap! Just ordered one which comes on Wednesday! :D I've fitted this sort of thing to just about every car I've had, but never disconnected the Battery before. I'm curious as to what people say about what you've asked now....hmmm. Or have I been buggering it up all these years....?? :unsure:

I'm just down the road from you in Makemland too! :lol:

First, welcome to the club!! :thumbsup:

Secondly, don't think you need to worry about the stereo code.

The members that have done this have never mentioned anything about needing the stereo code!

:thumbsup:

I disconnected the Battery once to reset my ECU and apart from having to re-tune the radio stations and re-program the electric windows I didn't have a problem. Don't think you'll have an issue :thumbsup:

Nice one - thanks for the replies

Just had a text saying my kits been delivered to the store :D

It should have been fitted saturday gone but the courier misplaced it, so the shop are fitting it for free B)

Alright fella!

As a fellow new starter, welcome! :thumbsup:

Snap! Just ordered one which comes on Wednesday! :D I've fitted this sort of thing to just about every car I've had, but never disconnected the battery before. I'm curious as to what people say about what you've asked now....hmmm. Or have I been buggering it up all these years....?? :unsure:

I'm just down the road from you in Makemland too! :lol:

wow @ your list of cars matey some good ones ther lol

how was the s2000?

Well my kit came early (Bless them!) and I fitted it last night and disconnected the Battery, but you just loose your sations on the radio and works with no messing about with codes! :D

Good stuff about the shop fitting it for you (was it revolution??) just it was really frustrating!!!!!! :ffs: It's just the pictures are really grainy and the few words to tell you what to do assume that you can make out the picture and know what you're doing anyway - of which I could do neither. :rolleyes: I'm pleased my brother helped me fit it as he's better at this stuff than me............he's 12 years old. oh the shame.......... :lol:

Cheers borodaz, I'm a two car a year fella most of the time - only passed my test in 2002! The S2k was cracking like, and as I told T Sport 1978, if you ever get a chance to have a blast do it as it's a riot when you let it rip! :thumbsup: It put hairs on your chest in the wet though!!

Yeah Scoob I've ordered it from Revolution - cant wait to get it on the car.

What do you think of your Typhoon then?

Ah, good stuff! :D It’s a really nice place they’ve got there now too, far better than that one down in Gateshead. I’ll be buying off them in future too as they were really good.

The Typhoon is spot on like – does exactly what it says on the tin!! B) Boat loads more power before lift and pretty manic when in it! I think you’ll be impressed as it’s the only intake I’ve ever bought where you feel rather than hear a difference. Gave myself whip-lash in first gear when I tried it out! My only criticism is maybe of the car. I don’t know if anyone else feels like this or if it’s just me, but especially with the Typhoon, if you give it some beans (no speeding, just first and second gear) the car feels very fragile?? By that I mean the clutch, but I’m not sure if it’s just me being paranoid. Just you could cain my old Integra all over the place and it would love you for it, where as the Corolla feels like it’s ‘yelping’ a bit.

Anyone else feel like that??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links