Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.8 Vvti Better Than My 98 1.8 Gs ?

Paulnb

Hi folks ive had my 1998 gs 1.8 for nearly 4 years now and im going to look at a 02 1.8 vvti gs. is the vvti a better car than my old gs? more economical ? faster ? or more reliable? any opinion would be appreciated , thx again for any advice :D

Hi folks ive had my 1998 gs 1.8 for nearly 4 years now and im going to look at a 02 1.8 vvti gs. is the vvti a better car than my old gs? more economical ? faster ? or more reliable? any opinion would be appreciated , thx again for any advice :D

hi mate

there ar e a lot of issues for vvt-i. read them thru first and after adopt decision.

cheers/igor

I agree with igormus - reads all the posts concerning the oil burning problem with the vvti. If your 98 model is OK I'd stick with it - I don't think the vvti is significantly better - an 02 model may have the oil burning problem. Economy is probably comparable. The vvti does go a bit faster - it also has a chain cam so plus points there, but I just wouldn't risk it.

Thx Igormus and Talldave ive started to read thru the posts, my money is slowly creeping back to my wallet, does not seem i would gain anything, if mine was a bag of rubbish i would say ok to a new model, but it runs ok only failed last mot as the yellow had worn of the indicator bulb , prob just spend a few hundred and tart it up a bit B)

Hi.

I've had an Avensis for about 4 years, 51 plate 2002. Bought it from an auction, and about a month later, found out it had had a front end smash. The repairs had been done well enough to fool me, but not Inchcape!

I have quite few problems with it in the first couple of years, but all of the problems, I associated with its accident history. I had to have a new steering rack, 2 front drive shafts and an air conditioning unit.

Dispite all of this, it was a fantastically comfortable, reliable and economic (38ish mpg)car, and always looked good after the briefist of washes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links