Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2zzge Engine Replacements

blackcts

Reading through the Avensis and Celica forums, there seem to be a fair amount of engine short block replacements for the 1ZZ-FE due to the infamous oil problem...

Does anyone know of any 2zzge engines replaced under warranty for this problem? Touch wood it doesnt seem to be a problem for this engine.

Reading through the Avensis and Celica forums, there seem to be a fair amount of engine short block replacements for the 1ZZ-FE due to the infamous oil problem...

Does anyone know of any 2zzge engines replaced under warranty for this problem?

I've never heard of such a thing no. The VVTLi engines, amongst other things, had different liners to cope with the higher revs.

My one was replaced at 50000,short engine

I had my short engine replaced at 35,000. They said the ECU was sending to much fuel to the engine and caused excessive wear. I must say they did a great job, it drives better then it used to and its smoother and quieter at motorway speed now.

No i wasnt that impressed, but have nearly a new engine so not all bad, i keep a very close eye on this car,looking for the next big bill!!! If they replaced the block what sort of waranty do they give on the new block,if anyone knows?

would imagine the part be under warranty for 12 mths, had aux belt n tensioners done before and i asked the question about how long part guarnteed for

hope this helps.

thats why im getting rid of my cts had niggly faults and feel im waiting for a big bill thats only a matter of time

would imagine the part be under warranty for 12 mths, had aux belt n tensioners done before and i asked the question about how long part guarnteed for

hope this helps.

thats why im getting rid of my cts had niggly faults and feel im waiting for a big bill thats only a matter of time

Have you considered the Toyota Warranty? Yes it's expensive, but compared to the cost of a new car I don't think it's that bad, and its far cheaper than the warranty from some other manufacturers. We used to change cars every three years because we needed to know that repairs would be covered under warranty - i.e. no unexpected big bills. But then figured that it was cheaper to extend the warranty up to 6 or 7 years rather than buy a new car twice as often.

By the time the Rolla was 7 years old we realised that it was bullet proof and it would never break down if we kept it for ever, though if we still had something between 3 and 7 years old with the VVTLi engine it then I'd definitely be getting it covered.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links