Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xenon Headlight Bulbs

andytran

Sure mate, search for H11 Ballast Wiring Harness or something like that. I allready linked to eBay auction on previous page!

Well, I asked around a couple of eBay guys who r selling these and I can't get a clear answer yet if they are just plug and play.

It seems that with those, you need to cut the spade connectors, join/solder the cables together and then plug it in?

Even if that's the case It would still be much better!

No mate it should be plug&play, but you need to remove one cable which you got together with HID kit (the one with spade connectors).

In this picture the cable from ballast to H11 loom is allready removed and replaced with eBay cable, marked with A and B. One end is connected to ballast and another ready to be connected to H11 connector:

IMG_5335.JPG

And here he just shortened the cables a little and changed their places because the polarity was wrong, that's why they are joined together. But he did not mix the cables, see the wires? They are identical.

IMG_5377.JPG

Hmm, how does one tell if the polarity is wrong?

Lights don't turn on or is there a chance of damaging something?

They just won't turn on, nothing else. Just like the LEDs...

Well I asked 2 eBay sellers if you can cut the spades and join the wires and then plug and play.

One said he is not sure.

The other one said "no, sorry"

wtf?

Why did you ask about cutting and joining? I guess that setup should be plug&play straight away. Ask them what are those adapters for then if not for that :D

I've heard that sometimes those guys don't really know what they're selling, at least in China. Don't know if those you contacted were UK or US sellers, but anyways... If they're not sure it's easier for them to say no, to not to take the responsibility.

Anyone notice that when ya lights are off and u hold down full beam (flash) that the dipped beam comes on or is this just mine lol? If I knew I would have got twin filament and run bi xenon so the hids get brighter when u flash aswell as the main beam.

It's totally normal, but if needed, one can get rid of it.

How would've you fitted the bi xenon? The type is totally different than the one used by Auris on high/low beam...

Is it, I would of thought with the correct HID kit it would of lit up the extra filament inside the bulb? Could be wrong tho lol

Yes that's how bi xenons work, you are correct. But as far as I'm aware you cannot just connect such kit straight away to the system which doesn't support those bulbs. Bi xenons aren't available with H11 base and the lamps in Auris won't produce correct light pattern because there are different sections for high beam and low beam...

Can anyone help please... My HIDs are really starting to pee me off, I changed the ballast from DC to AC ballasts as the DC kept on fusing the bulbs, now I have a problem with the AC, the wiring connection is all good, but when I turn the lights on, either one will not work or both I have to keep turning the headlights on and off like 10 times before they turn on???? :S

Not too much options, it's the bulbs or the ballasts. Most probably your bulbs are damaged because of bad ballasts you used before. It is very rare that both ballasts/bulbs fail at the same time.

You need to change the bulbs or ballasts and see if it will solve the problem. That's how you'll manage to trace the components causing the problem.

I bought some h11 male connectors today from eBay us, will post when I install them in a couple of weeks

Hope everything will be fine, will be waiting for updates!

• 3 weeks later...

Well the adaptor pack arrived. it had 2 plugs, 4 rubber thingies and 4 spade connectors.

How you should install it is the following:

1. Pass the rubber grommets above the existing spade connectors and down the wires a bit.
  2. Put the spades into the plug untill they secure in place.
  3. Put the rubber grommets in the plugs.
  4. Connect these plugs with the factory plugs and that's it.

I actually wasted time and energy with the first wire, removed the original spade connector and cut the wire and installed a new spade but that wasn't needed.

And it does work fine!

• Like 1

Great review brainii, I will have to order the same set then. Thank you for reporting back that it works and posting even instruction :)

you are welcome.

Going through my box of HID spares I actually found a pair of what appears to be this H11 adapter. I will attempt to use it to power the my xenons once they arrive from China!

Most of the HID kits your find on the UK market are simply repackaged Chinese ballasts which you can get for little more than £10-20 direct from them on eBay (full set of bulbs & 35w or 55w set).

I've been using them recently in the Auris & in my VW Golf's over the years with no issues (bare in mind VW's are extremely sensitive with HID's).

I'm sure you will get many recommending top brass kits, I started off using HIDS4U which set me back £145, you live and you learn with experience.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links