Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xenon Headlight Bulbs

andytran

No. If you look carfully you will see uphill in front of the car.

I hope you don't get caught

Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations

1. The headlamp unit (outer lens, reflector, bulb) shall be type approved to ECE 98 and be "e-marked" to demonstrate this. That can only be done by the headlamp supplier - Hella, Valeo etc. who must test the headlamp in an independent laboratory.

2. Once fitted to the vehicle it must have headlamp cleaning and self-levelling (which can be for the headlamp or can be in the vehicle suspension - some cars have "self-levelling suspension" and that is adequate). Also the dipped beam must stay on with the main beam.

In summary it is not permitted to convert an existing halogen headlamp unit for use with HID bulbs. The entire headlamp unit must be replaced with one designed and approved for use with HID bulbs and it must be installed in accordance with the rules stated above.

No. If you look carfully you will see uphill in front of the car.

Can you take a photo on the road that is straight mate? That photo is decieving to me. :/

Seems to be some hot spots also...

• 4 weeks later...

My compliments, as well as I have a Auris I am interested in by xenon in the car. I go for in the medium, maximums and of fog, however I do not have the certainty of which is the model of the light bulbs. H11 medium? Maximums HB3? Fog? Somebody can help?

Thanks

My compliments, as well as I have a Auris I am interested in by xenon in the car. I go for in the medium, maximums and of fog, however I do not have the certainty of which is the model of the light bulbs. H11 medium? Maximums HB3? Fog? Somebody can help?

Thanks

The low beams (medium as you say) are H11, Fog lights are the same... High beam lights (maximum as you say) are HB3...

But remember that every xenon lamp needs a ballast, and if you'll take low beam and high beam lights in xenon you will have 4 ballasts under your hood.

Thanks

The low beams (medium as you say) are H11, Fog lights are the same... High beam lights (maximum as you say) are HB3...

But remember that every xenon lamp needs a ballast, and if you'll take low beam and high beam lights in xenon you will have 4 ballasts under your hood.

The light Is also known as

Low Beam, Dipped lights, Low Lights = Philips H11 and is rated @55W (same socket is used on H8 & H9)

High Beam, Full Beam, High Lights = Philips HB3 and is rated @65W Also known as 9005

Why not try "HIDS4U.co.uk" they sell a 35w E4 certified kit called the Pro. Or they have a whole range of quality brand name bulbs if you prefer to upgrade bulbs instead. I posed same question on Avensis forum & had quite a few Forum users recommend this company. I went for 6000k bulbs that are a clear white with no tinge of Blue when bulbs up to working temperature. I very seldom have to use high beam with the new dipped beam kit. I don't live in UK so you would have to ask as to legality of bulbs supplied with kits, as they can range from 3000k up to 14000k depending on your requirements.

• 1 month later...
How do you guys fix the ballast? With cable ties or sticky tape? Do the ballasts run hot?

I used cable ties, and no, no mentionable heat at all.

Andy

Try "HIDS4U.co.uk" just purchased full CE approved 35w xenon kit with ballast resistors including 6000k bulbs that have very slight blue tinge on warm up only. Please note these bulbs are not search lights that blind everybody on the road they just alter light from murky yellow to clear white, which gives you a much clearer view of road ahead. Please note they do not project light further than original bulbs they just allow you to see whats in front of you in a much clearer light & work perfectly with projector lamps. Try website & see what you think.

• 3 weeks later...

I have finally gotten the HID lights installed, 6000K. They look amazing. Very clear cut off and it lights up the road very nicely.

I will take some photos this week. Can't wait to drive tonight! :thumbsup:

If auris has hb3 bulbs, i can highly recommend HIR bulbs. They are very good!

I replaced my corolla hb4 and hb3 bulbs with these and i dont need xenons anymore :thumbsup: .

Here is couple pics in some forum -> http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-general...alled-pics.html

And they last as long as the original bulbs, wattage is ~ same, no more heat than oem bulb but the light output is something else than oem :rolleyes: . And these are designed for halogen reflectors. In my opinion hid belongs to projectors.

If auris has hb3 bulbs, i can highly recommend HIR bulbs. They are very good!

I replaced my corolla hb4 and hb3 bulbs with these and i dont need xenons anymore :thumbsup: .

Here is couple pics in some forum -> http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-general...alled-pics.html

And they last as long as the original bulbs, wattage is ~ same, no more heat than oem bulb but the light output is something else than oem bulb :rolleyes: . And these are designed for halogen reflectors. In my opinion hid belongs to projectors.

They are bright indeed, and the colour is very white, that's good. But

what's the exact brand and model?

One more thing, I cannot agree about this: "In my opinion hid belongs to projectors."

And what for type does Auris have? Projectors I think! :yes:

Best regards, Alex

They are bright indeed, and the colour is very white, that's good. But

what's the exact brand and model?

One more thing, I cannot agree about this: "In my opinion hid belongs to projectors."

And what for type does Auris have? Projectors I think! :yes:

Best regards, Alex

Yes, i realized that auris has projectors and corolla doesnt :rolleyes: .

You can read this and youll know more -> http://www.finemotoring.com/

There arent many places where you can buy these bulbs. I ordered directly from finemotoring. They come from usa.

Highly recommend this place.

In my experience with these bulbs, the high beams are very bright. Dont need extra high beams or xenons.

Toni

Photos from last night using a proper camera:

49359eaa2f2a5.jpg

49359ee989287.jpg

49359f01ce37e.jpg

49359f1063749.jpg

That's cool, you finally did it! Now a couple of white LED parking lights is all you need... ;)

• 8 months later...

Hi ,i have a question .One friend who works in toyota service told me that Auris with auto-washer on headlights have original factory toyota xenon .Unfortunately here in Greece Toyota Hellas don't introduces Auris with auto-washer .Is it true ?

(sorry for my English)

Hi ,i have a question .One friend who works in toyota service told me that Auris with auto-washer on headlights have original factory toyota xenon .Unfortunately here in Greece Toyota Hellas don't introduces Auris with auto-washer .Is it true ?

(sorry for my English)

Hello!

xenon can be ordered fron Toyota for extra price only, and only if you have the top range model or next to it. So it cannot be ordered on cheapest models. In Finland there's (from cheapest to most expensive) four ranges: Terra, Sol, Sol Plus, Sol Sport. xenon can be ordered on Sol Plus and Sol Sport. In Finland all Auris' have headlights with washers but the washers are never automatical as you said. You have to press separate button which is placed near the adjustment button for side mirrors.

Best regards, Alex

(sorry for my English)

Hello!

xenon can be ordered fron Toyota for extra price only, and only if you have the top range model or next to it. So it cannot be ordered on cheapest models. In Finland there's (from cheapest to most expensive) four ranges: Terra, Sol, Sol Plus, Sol Sport. xenon can be ordered on Sol Plus and Sol Sport. In Finland all Auris' have headlights with washers but the washers are never automatical as you said. You have to press separate button which is placed near the adjustment button for side mirrors.

Best regards, Alex

ok, thanks :)

• 6 months later...

You can read this and youll know more -> http://www.finemotoring.com/

There arent many places where you can buy these bulbs. I ordered directly from finemotoring. They come from usa.

Highly recommend this place.

In my experience with these bulbs, the high beams are very bright. Dont need extra high beams or xenons.

Toni

Just heard about HIR bulbs and got back to this topic. I took a closer look at finemotoring -homepage and found out that those bulbs are quite expensive... $24,95 each + $15 for shipping + tax in Finland (22%) + customs fee (approx.) 5%. That's too bad as I started considering to buy these, not gonna happen with such high expenses :(

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I know i'm reviving this thread...but since the topic is basically what i wanted to ask so, why not revive it?

Anyways, my toyota Auris came with OEM projector housing(Low Beam) And now i wanted to fit a 55W HID kit on, and

now the problem is, will the HID bulb fit in the housing??? As well as will it get too hot?

I've read from a few sources/rumor that the bulb will melt housings and/or the ballast of a 55w will produce a lot of heat.

So Can someone clear this problem for me? Preferably hands on experience...

And yes, i know 35w is enough, but I just wanted to know if 55w will be fine???

Thanks

Key

yes a hid will fit...no they wont get hot hids burn cooler..and no the balasts dont get hot..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links