Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav Disclaimer Screen

Ian in Holland

Hi all,

My new Avensis D4D's sat nav system (the touch screen version) always starts up with a disclaimer screen (don't look at this panel when driving etc - as if you'd look at it any other time!). It can be cleared by pressing the 'I agree' screen button. Is there any way of fixing it so that this screen doesn't appear each time I start the car?

Thanks,

Ian

Not as far as I know. It probably helps towards a safety rating, like many other annoying features.

Hi all,

My new Avensis D4D's sat nav system (the touch screen version) always starts up with a disclaimer screen (don't look at this panel when driving etc - as if you'd look at it any other time!). It can be cleared by pressing the 'I agree' screen button. Is there any way of fixing it so that this screen doesn't appear each time I start the car?

Thanks,

Ian

There is an option somewhere (it's in the SatNav Handbook) on the set to show the Audio screen as the default. The disclaimer is still there when you switch to satnav view but at least you don't have to see it every time you start the car.

Thanks, I'll check the manual again, see if I overlooked something. Interesting comment by Slart about it helping to boost the safety ratings - I'm surprised to find that I need to switch the cruise control on each time I restart the car, I guess in case I accidentally put the car in cruise. Maybe this has the same safety-ratings related origin?

Ian

Thanks, I'll check the manual again, see if I overlooked something. Interesting comment by Slart about it helping to boost the safety ratings - I'm surprised to find that I need to switch the cruise control on each time I restart the car, I guess in case I accidentally put the car in cruise. Maybe this has the same safety-ratings related origin?

Ian

Probably so Ian but it may just be that the micro-switches default to the OFF position when the power is switched off. Doesn't the same thing happen with the heated rear window switch?

These "safety" features are irritating though. The older style satnav was even worse.

Desmond,

I'm being really picky here; I guess it's that when you change cars, you naturally compare what you had with what you've just bought. Slarti mentioned the seat belt beeper - at least there isn't a beeper that starts when you exceed 120 Km/h (I had a car in Oman that did this, growl!). Side cutters fixed that one though...

But with the cruise control, it just seems illogical how they've done it. Press the power on/off button, the "cruise" light appears on the dash. The car isn't on cruise control, but the system is powered up. Click the cruise lever down, put the car on cruise, and there's no change in the dashboard display.

The Volvo only displayed "cruise" when it was actually on cruise - which seems more sensible and informative to me.

Oh well...

Ian