Do Not Sell My Personal Information

House Paint On Black Yaris!

1pinkyaris

Hi,

My neighbours had some painting done last week and now my car is covered (really badly) in tiny specks of white paint. Looks really bad. I've done some research and it has been suggested to me that I could use clay bar (???) to remove it. Has anyone had a similiar problem - would ?I be better off getting it cleaned at a Toyota dealers

Hi,

My (brand new!) neighbours had some painting done last week and now my 05 black yaris is covered (really badly) in tiny specks of white paint. Looks really bad. I've done some research and it has been suggested to me that I could use clay bar to remove it. Has anyone had a similiar problem - would ?I be better off getting it cleaned at a Toyota dealers - or is that OTT. :angry:

if it was my car id try a bit of holts tar remover on it test it on a small spot see if the paint comes off

its only less than 10 euro for a big can

worth a try gets the tar off my rolla

clay bar should work and that would be the cheaper option to a Toyota dealer.

However, i'd mention it to your neighbours and get them to cover the cost of sorting the car wether that be a clay bar or the dealer!!

I hate people that don't think when they start doing jobs like that!!

Had that happen to my old Yaris when a neighbour decided to paint their fence!!

:censor: red spots all over it!!

How hard is it to say "I'm gonna be doing some painting and i'm a bit worried about getting some on your car"

:ffs:

See you've set me off now and it's not even my car!! :lol:

Clay bar should work and that would be the cheaper option to a Toyota dealer.

However, i'd mention it to your neighbours and get them to cover the cost of sorting the car wether that be a clay bar or the dealer!!

How hard is it to say "I'm gonna be doing some painting and i'm a bit worried about getting some on your car"

ha ha i think your like me any one so much as looks or touches my car i flip out

reckon its because i have small man syndrome only being 5ft6 ha ha :P

Oh Man!!!!!

Feel really sorry for you :crybaby:

Whatever you do, do it soon as some paints can be absorbed into the paint on your car and you'll have little water like spots all over your car

ha ha i think your like me any one so much as looks or touches my car i flip out

reckon its because i have small man syndrome only being 5ft6 ha ha :P

People these days have no consideration - flipped out myself once when some fat bloke lent on my car to tie his shoe laces - just looked at me as if I was mad :censor:

I would go absolutely friggin mental if somoene did that to my car!

I remember back in the day My mum was picking my up from school and came out to see two kids chatting, one sat on the front wing of her year old mercedes SL (This was in '89 lol)

She wasn't impressed either!

Next time your neighbour has lots of washing on the line, make sure to have a bonfire in your garden !

I used to share a house with a mate years ago and returned home once to find that my immaculate CBR600 was covered in 'Mint Green' overspray from some piece of tat that he'd been painting !

People are idiots !

Hands up - have to confess, I've been one of those inconsiderate ubiks - without even realising the car was there, I managed to cover a neighbours car with fence paint - to the point you couldn't see its original colour in places (cheap sprayer!). Fortunately, they were out for the day, and 3 hours of cleaning & scrubing later, they were non the wiser. But probably quite confused as to the wet patches on the ground and the clean car!

That also reminds me last summer I went back to my car parked on the top floor of a local multi story (to avoid door dings) I returned to my car to find two boozed up polish birds drinking and looking at the view from the car park... - using the spoiler of my supra as a table for their beer cans and handbags.... They scratched it too :(

there ar esome very angry threads about it on various forums!

Hi,

My (brand new!) neighbours had some painting done last week and now my 05 black yaris is covered (really badly) in tiny specks of white paint. Looks really bad. I've done some research and it has been suggested to me that I could use clay bar to remove it. Has anyone had a similiar problem - would ?I be better off getting it cleaned at a Toyota dealers - or is that OTT. :angry:

Hi,

Don't touch it. By doing so you are accepting responsibility for it and stating that you know what to do about it. Get the professionals to sort it out and send your neighbors the bill.

Dan

Hi, I would be fuming if this happened to my car! But if a clay bar will sort it or even using a hot steam cleaner / Jet wash it should get rid of the stuff with some chemical detergent, I would try and clean it up yourself first just so you do not start a war with neighbours as you maybe there for years together.

If it does not get rid of it then go over and tell them the situation and say you have tried to get the paint off and now you will send it to a Toyota Garage to clean it up and expect them to pay the bill or contribute heavily towards it.

But try the easier option and less hassle option of getting it off yourself first.

Just my two pence ofcourse.

Hope you get it sorted!