Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washers Jets Hitting The Screen Realy Low Down

alexaurisTR

It is a warranty issue because the wrong jets are fitted, my dealer replaced them without question ( although it took them two attempts to get the +2 ones! ). The rear jet is adjustable, but the front ones are set. It took all of 5 minutes to replace them.

• 3 weeks later...

I really feel like all I've done for the last 2 weeks is ring my Toyota dealer.

Now the wheel nuts are starting to rust.

I'm not happy at all right now! :censor:

i was just reading this topic with interest, when i came to this bit. :sick: my cars also booked in for brakes & washer jets! and wait for it....... rusty wheel nuts :censor: it seems the auris model has been cloned with exactly the same faults.... er, sorry, i,ve been told off once already for using the word fault.! so lets say teething problems shall we, on every car. B)... not done many miles yet ! so i,m just wondering if i should book it in for the rattle behind the dash, before it hapens :blink:

I work in a toyota dealership, we sell many auris's every month. I have not heard one mention from a customer of not being happy with his or her washer jets.

There is not a fault with the washer jets, it is how Toyota intended them to be. Of course, as it seems, not everyone is going to be happy with everything, which is why there is the option of fitting different washer jets at different angles.

With the amount of Toyota's sold in the UK, there are a very small number of actual complaints and issues. I have worked for several different manufactures. Toyota are by far the best I have worked for when it comes to reliability and build quality. I wish people would stop moaning and complaining about their car. Thats why there are service departments, to fix things when they go wrong.

No car is infalible, you should be glad you got a Toyota, it could be a hell of a lot worse

I really feel like all I've done for the last 2 weeks is ring my Toyota dealer.

Now the wheel nuts are starting to rust.

I'm not happy at all right now! :censor:

i was just reading this topic with interest, when i came to this bit. :sick: my cars also booked in for brakes & washer jets! and wait for it....... rusty wheel nuts :censor: it seems the auris model has been cloned with exactly the same faults.... er, sorry, i,ve been told off once already for using the word fault.! so lets say teething problems shall we, on every car. B)... not done many miles yet ! so i,m just wondering if i should book it in for the rattle behind the dash, before it hapens :blink:

I have to say this,

Call them faults all you like mate, coz they are faults!

Design Faults!

I'm sure I'm not supposed to be driving at round at 70mph with a filthy screen that i cant get clean, coz the jets are crap.

Or my, only done 500 mile, 4 day old, brand new car grinds to a halt sounding like a bus.

My wheel nuts are rusting too!

I believe Toyota did not intend for all this, hence why they are faults in the design!!!!

Keep calling them faults buddy, I will.

Totally agree they are faults!

Had the brake pads, washer jets and all the wheel bolts replaced under warrenty, Bad news is its in to sort dashboard rattles, can hear them of radio now and some of the wheels bolts are already rusting!

I would like it to be known I am not related to sales king, there is only one Kingo on 'ere :D:

Kingo :king::thumbsup:

Sales King

I work in a toyota dealership, we sell many auris's every month. I have not heard one mention from a customer of not being happy with his or her washer jets.

You want to take a little wander around the front service desk and ask the people that count......Aftersales!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Sales King

You want to take a little wander around the front service desk and ask the people that count......Aftersales!

you tell him kingo,.. sounds like he's trying to protect his sales commission to me :fishyface:

There is not a fault with the washer jets, it is how Toyota intended them to be.

I think you may have raised a valid point there.

My cars' washer jets are adjusted to spray quite low on the screen - the Wiper Blades then push the water up the screen when they sweep. And if the car's going quickly then the spray is pushed up the screen by the wind pressure too. If they were adjusted to spray higher up then most of the screen wouldn't get any water.

Or is it the case that on some new cars they're adjusted so low that the water doesn't even reach the screen at speed?

Totally agree they are faults!

Had the brake pads, washer jets and all the wheel bolts replaced under warrenty, Bad news is its in to sort dashboard rattles, can hear them of radio now and some of the wheels bolts are already rusting!

alright then, FAULTS,..... there i've said it!... er .. again... must :thumbsup::cheers: say i feel better already :laughing:

Sales King

I thought the people that count were the customers.

Anyway, If things invariable go wrong with a customers new car, they dont usually contact the aftersales departments 1st. They will call the saleman who sold them the car either to state their dis-satisfaction or just for advise. So we salespeople do get to hear a lot from customers about faults etc, and washer jets isnt one of them. So I cant believe that many customers from our dealership are putting up with the same 'fault' and keeping quiet about it.

The rusty wheelnuts, I have seen, but only on one Auris, out of so many

Guys I do not think that noisy brakes and washer jets are faults. Brakes are operating perfectly fine they just are noisy. In my sister polo rear brakes have been squeaking since new and there is no fix for that. VW dealer changed them twice with no luck but they are fully operational and safe- like Toyota ones.

Washer jets are designed as T600 described and Toyota has replacement with three different angles so it is just a matter of adjusting if you do not like them. Some may want washers hitting low B)

However the rusty wheel bolts are fault as this is down to bad/cheap material used. My are rusting too. :angry:

Sales King

I thought the people that count were the customers.

Anyway, If things invariable go wrong with a customers new car, they dont usually contact the aftersales departments 1st. They will call the saleman who sold them the car either to state their dis-satisfaction or just for advise. So we salespeople do get to hear a lot from customers about faults etc, and washer jets isnt one of them. So I cant believe that many customers from our dealership are putting up with the same 'fault' and keeping quiet about it.

The rusty wheelnuts, I have seen, but only on one Auris, out of so many

The washer jets are not "Faulty" they work as they are supposed to do, the problem is there are not adjustable, and lower or higher spray pattern jets are available to suit. Yes customers very often phone the salesman who sold them the car, very often it is there only point of contact, and this is often where it all goes pear shaped :eek: With the best will in the world, a salesman is not qualified to tell a customer what is or isnt a fault, or indeed what constitutes being a common problem/fault, as in your statement above. If you think the washer jet issue doesnt exist, just because you are not aware of it, then you really should not be making a comment about it. Thankfully, back in the real world of aftersales, issues do exist that do have solutions, and washer jets is one of them, thank gawd we wont be waiting for a salesman to come up with a solution, as quite clearly, we would be waiting a long time

Yes customers very often phone the salesman who sold them the car, very often it is there only point of contact, and this is often where it all goes pear shaped

I had a call from salesman only once after I bought my car and that is Ok. When I had question he put me trough Service dep. straight away. Whenever I call Toyota with technical issue I ask to speak to Service dep not to Sales. That is obvious for me and it never was a problem. Tech guys can understand my issue, ask the right questions and advise accordingly.

The level of debate over some jets that squirt water at your windscreen seems to be ongoing, with a never ending input of opinion, I wonder who is going to have the last word.

Kingo, your comments may have been tongue in cheek, i dont know. But i dont think its fair to say I should make a comment on here. Isnt what this forum is for. I sell Toyota's. I speak to customers who buy or who have bought Toyota's everyday. I have not had any complaints personally but I am aware of how our washer jets work and why people may be complaining about them.

The point is, some people on here are stating that their washer jets are faulty or they are dissatisfied with how they operate. I am just saying, as you have, that they are not faulty, Toyota spent millions developing the Auris and thats how they were designed to be. I am sure if you polled all the Auris owners, the majority would be happy or have no opinion on how their washer jets work.

The level of debate over some jets that squirt water at your windscreen seems to be ongoing, with a never ending input of opinion, I wonder who is going to have the last word.

Kingo, your comments may have been tongue in cheek, i dont know. But i dont think its fair to say I should make a comment on here. Isnt what this forum is for. I sell Toyota's. I speak to customers who buy or who have bought Toyota's everyday. I have not had any complaints personally but I am aware of how our washer jets work and why people may be complaining about them.

The point is, some people on here are stating that their washer jets are faulty or they are dissatisfied with how they operate. I am just saying, as you have, that they are not faulty, Toyota spent millions developing the Auris and thats how they were designed to be. I am sure if you polled all the Auris owners, the majority would be happy or have no opinion on how their washer jets work.

Interesting. So if I came to you and said I was unhappy with the way the washers worked, you would tell me that they were designed that way so you're stuck with them?

The fact that they work poorly ( especially at speed ), is of no concern to you. I can tell you that the +2 degrees set work fine. The standard -2 degrees were rubbish.

I'm your customer, convince me otherwise. :unsure:

Interesting. So if I came to you and said I was unhappy with the way the washers worked, you would tell me that they were designed that way so you're stuck with them?

The fact that they work poorly ( especially at speed ), is of no concern to you. I can tell you that the +2 degrees set work fine. The standard -2 degrees were rubbish.

The Auris as with every other Toyota is a Mass Produced vehicle. Normal washer jet are adjustable with a pin but the Auris ones are not. The company must work to a tolerance and with that will come cars that work fine with -2 degree jets and cars that work fine with +2 degree jets.

If they arent perfect then goto your nearest dealership and get them changed under warranty (for free) and stop moaning about petty little things :)

Mart.

One of the many things that Toyota pride themselves on, is the quality of the Customer Service they provide. Staff within Toyota Dealerships are among the best in the industry for the level of customer service given to customers.

So I am a little aggrieved by your comment that your dissatisfaction would be of no concern to me. Most Salespeople within main dealerships, representing major motor manufacturers, are trained to very high levels in many aspects. If a customer raised an issue, as they do , all the time. We are concerned. If you had come to me and stated you werent happy with your washer jets, I would have explained that they are designed to work like that. But I would have advised, as everyone now knows, that if your not happy then Toyota do have alternative jets that you may prefer.

Hopefully your faith would then be restored in the evil people we are - Salespeople. As you drive off happily, squirting away at +2 degrees, squirting a passerby in the eye, as your jets are now too high.

The Auris as with every other Toyota is a Mass Produced vehicle. Normal washer jet are adjustable with a pin but the Auris ones are not. The company must work to a tolerance and with that will come cars that work fine with -2 degree jets and cars that work fine with +2 degree jets.

If they arent perfect then goto your nearest dealership and get them changed under warranty (for free) and stop moaning about petty little things :)

Mart.

Hey Mart, At last someone who shares a common view

Place your votes here

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=80447&st=0

Lets put an end to the debate.

It will be very interesting to see the final results to your poll.

But I did query what the results would be if you polled all the owners of the Auris, not just the owners who are members of this site and possibly biased by the comments made.

I feel that this argument has done its course for now and has degenerated into a sales/parts argument which serves no real purpose to the original topic. (N.B. The Yaris has the same type of washer jets).

If there are no more meaningful contributions to be made, then I propose that the topic be closed.