Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 08 Clutch

dalikega

Hi,

Just got back from my dealer, and guess what I am the second customer with the same problem as the first the clutch making a clicking noise, they are going to take this with Toyota Tech Support, so don't know if its a fault on the '08 model but if you have anything similar take it in.

I have some other problems as well and my car has only 200miles and is 7 days old.

Liesl

Hi,

Just got back from my dealer, and guess what I am the second customer with the same problem as the first the clutch making a clicking noise, they are going to take this with Toyota Tech Support, so don't know if its a fault on the '08 model but if you have anything similar take it in.

I have some other problems as well and my car has only 200miles and is 7 days old.

Liesl

What do you mean by a clicking clutch?

Clicking clutch,

When you push in the clutch you hear a click and when you release the clutch it makes a click, you can hear it rather clearly, hope this description helps

Is it a loud click or quite feint? The clutch pedal has a switch on it (needs to be pressed or car wont start) which sometimes makes a clicking sound but this isnt usually very loud.

Mart.

It makes sense to get car started but does it effect the switch everytime you press the clutch? The sound is loudish, does it have a cover cause mine is just metal and plastic? Same dealer 2 customers?

It makes sense to get car started but does it effect the switch everytime you press the clutch? The sound is loudish, does it have a cover cause mine is just metal and plastic? Same dealer 2 customers?

Sorry, dotn quite get what you are saying here. The switch is pressed everytime you press the clutch pedal (it is located under the dashboard)

What cover are you talking about?

Mart.

Thanks for the reply, hope I will make more sense now with husbands help.

Next to the clutch pedal is the little switch it is located on the underside of the dashboard, a small metal plate depressis the switch, the metal plate forms an extension of the clutch lever, I was wondering could this be where the clicking noise is coming from and could a rubber (cover) be placed here so that the metal bit doesn't have to click directly on the switch.

Ok that sounds like the clutch pedal switch that needs to be pressed for the engine to start. I suppose a piece of rubber could the fitted to the switch plunger but nothing too thick as it may push the switch too far and damage it.

The noise may also be coming for the switch itself which should be rplcaed under warranty no problem.

Get it back to the dealership and ask them to take a look t it :)

Mart.

A 2006 Yaris courtesy car I had was exactly the same. I just thought it was a characteristic of the car. Didn't like it at all!

What are your other problems?

The other problems I'm having, I have asked a question on another thread cause I wanted to know if people are experiencing the same as me but still no replies, looks like I'm the only one, but here is the other problems issues Im having

Brake that makes a noise when braking

Battling with gears (especially when cold into reverse)

Idling pully that was making a noise (but this had been replaced)

Have a noise that I can hear clearly when I leave the fuel makes something like a wwwiiiiwwww sound the v-belt is also being replaced so hopefully this will sort the problem out.

A broken clip in the back door (I thought it was only a loose screw or something) (they will replace the panel)

It's just so frustrating all with a new car, I enjoy my car its just all this small things are so annoying, and all in one car? What can I do? Its just to me after all the repairs its just another secondhand car.

Liesl

Well it is annoying but it seems that the Yaris is a bit of a noisy car, i.e. you hear things working that you wouldn't hear in other cars. Whats the brake noise you've got? Is it the pads coming into contact with the disc?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Yaris Nov 2007

I have a click/clunk every time I depress the clutch. Only started after about 500 miles.

Garage did a fix that lasted about 2 days.

Front brakes also grate/grind when you come to a stop.

But the worse problem by far is the car does not like being left on the drive ideal for more than a day.

When I pull off in first gear I get clutch judder. After about the 6th pull away in first it goes. Comes back next time I leave the car more than a day.

Sounds like a condensation problem on the clutch plate.

To sum up I am not impressed with my first Toyota. Reading through the forum I have no confidence they can fix the clutch issue.

It could end up far worse

What do I do now? Give the garage a chance to fix the clutch?

If it's a design issue do I leave alone and get it put on file in case the clutch goes bang under warranty?

They may try and blame me for riding the clutch?

Any suggestions from mechanics would be appreciated.

Have very noisy clicking and squealing clutch on 200 mile 7 day old Yaris, accompanied by juddering when clutch engaged. Dealer not interested, says it will "bed down" and clicking is "normal for Yaris"

do u mean that click when you put the clutch down? isnt that to do with the having to put the clutch down to start the engine thingy that they added?

Clicking noise is normal as well as the brakes that makes grinding noise.

My 4 day old Yaris did it, took it in because of other faults they looked at it in this time I drove their courtesy car, that also made the clicking noise. Drove the demo car again, also made clutch and brake noise. My replacement car also making the same noise.

Hope this will help, I think being new to Yaris it is getting used to all the noises, some like the clutch can be anoining, but will have to get used to it.

Liesl

Brakes certainly shouldn't make a 'grinding' noise!

Out of interest, where is the new Yaris built. The quality seems far from decent!

Brakes certainly shouldn't make a 'grinding' noise!

Out of interest, where is the new Yaris built. The quality seems far from decent!

Oh dear! I dont know where it has been built. Any suggestions what to do about it? I'm getting my car tomorrow 2008 reg.

What do you mean you're getting it tomorrow? I thought you already had a Yaris, or are you getting a replacement?

What do you mean you're getting it tomorrow? I thought you already had a Yaris, or are you getting a replacement?

Yes I'm getting a replacement, my 1 week old car had a few problems, more than week in garage, now they decided to replace it for me.

Wow they're replacing it? I thought it was only in extreme cases. Just make sure you test for all of the problems on this car that your first one did. And make sure you bed the brakes in properly.

Best of luck with the new one!

And make sure you bed the brakes in properly.

Could you please explain this to me.

My car had a few problems which 2 of them they had not found the answers to yet, all in all I had 6/7 complaints, and yes I'd say extreme case.

Do google search on bedding in brakes. Basically just don't brake too hard for the first couple of hundred miles.

Have very noisy clicking and squealing clutch on 200 mile 7 day old Yaris, accompanied by juddering when clutch engaged. Dealer not interested, says it will "bed down" and clicking is "normal for Yaris"

Update - car off road following clutch failure (at 226 miles)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links