Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 08 Clutch

dalikega

Car in garage having the clutch replaced.

Clutch judder when cold.

Started at only 600 miles.

Me thinks Toyota have some build problems.

Where do they make the 1.3???????? Please don't say France.

I also have the click on the clutch unless I play Metallica at volume level 30 :D

Also the brakes do not bed in even after 3000 miles. And yes I do know how to run a car in.

Did I mention I have had a new drivers seat as well.

First Toyota oh dear. :(

• 1 month later...

Hi

New clutch has been fine so far. No judder

But I did here it was worse in the winter, so only a few more months before I find out. :rolleyes:

Since clutch change second gear is very bad from cold.

Apart from that car is running very nicely. 5000 on the clock and nothing else to report.

• 3 weeks later...
Brakes that grind as you come to hault. Yep got that

mine has done that since the get go.not a loud grating nosie more like a hum but deaper if that makes any sense.my dad has a corrolla and u get the same type of noise although not as obvious. ive had problems with the brakes squeaking on and off when coming to a halt. asked a newspaper colum and was told it could be because of surface rust/dust and every morning i should brake hard when i first start out to clear it and it should also make the disks last longer. only problem now after doing that for a week or so when i brake hard first thing i get a grating deep squeak noise abit like when u are breaking but obviously louder cause you are breaking hard/quick. any opinions? although since doing the moring breaking the brakes have been pretty good noise wise.

also is it a normal think to beable to pump the brake pedal while u are stationary.it sounds like air is being pumped when u do it.what causes it

Where do they make the 1.3???????? Please don't say France.

Let me know the first 3 digits of your 17 number VIN code and I should be able to tell you where your car was built.

If it doesn’t start with ‘JTD’ (J: Japan – T: Toyota – D: Car) then it wasn’t built in Japan

:thumbsup:

if its VNK then it is French built.

Mart.

Our Yaris has been parked up for 3 weeks waiting for the dealer to collect it and give us the money back. Someone turned up today and tried to start it but they reckon the clutch has seized!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links