Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Iq

Steve

I'm about to go to bed so I haven't read all about it but that interior is absolutely vile :sick:

i am sure bits will be enhanced.. but its a budget car so kinda expect they will make the best of what they can.

for for a small car it is kinda cool outside.

I would like to see it in the flesh before deciding what I thought, it's amazing how spacious it looks through the special lens ;) , I think the rear seat area looks a little too claustrophobic though

Cars like that worry me... Rear passenger safety in a rear end colision can't be good... especially if its something like a Hilux with head height bull bars.....

depends mate.. did you ever see top gear where they put a smart car into a concrete wall? They could still open the door as normal.

If they use a frame type chassis like the smart car then it would be relatively safe.

Lets see what Ncap rating it gets

So Toyota will have this and the Aygo?? :huh:

Looks better than the Aygo IMO (wait's for barage of abuse!! :lol: )

Seems a bit daft to bring out another small car.

Why can't Toyota get their act together and give us a proper sports car!!

A new Supra would be nice, or the rumoured Subaru built Celica GT4 :thumbsup:

Why can't Toyota get their act together and give us a proper sports car!!

Quite a simple answer really. Sports cars produce higher levels of CO. Sports cars are not green, and Toyota want to meet their agreed government targets. That is why you will have Aygo and IQ, mass produced cars with lower emissions = Targets met, THEN you might see a sports car......Am I cynical or what?

Kingo :thumbsup:

But they still produce the Landcruiser V8!! :wacko:

Scrap that and give us a sports car!! :lol:

But they still produce the Landcruiser V8!! :wacko:

Scrap that and give us a sports car!! :lol:

They do indeed but how many???..........about 250 for 2008, so it is a very limited number to keep the Landcruiser theme going, thats about just over one per dealer per year :eek:

So Toyota will have this and the Aygo?? :huh:

Looks better than the Aygo IMO (wait's for barage of abuse!! :lol: )

Seems a bit daft to bring out another small car.

Not really - it'll be competing against the likes of the Smart Fortwo which is in a class of it's own.... the Aygo can seat 4 people.... IQ can only seat 3

It looks more futuristic than the Aygo.... I wouldn't say better looking though. ;)

They do indeed but how many???..........about 250 for 2008, so it is a very limited number to keep the Landcruiser theme going, thats about just over one per dealer per year :eek:

That could be 250 exclusive sports cars!! :lol:

It looks more futuristic than the Aygo.... I wouldn't say better looking though. ;)

Is that an un-biased opinion?! :lol:

That could be 250 exclusive sports cars

It could be.............but it won't :D:

I think it's safe to assume that Toyota will be producing a lot more than 250 sports cars.

And that most, if not all of them, will be wearing a Lexus Badge.

Because they can only sell so many high CO2 cars they need to make a good margin on them and the Lexus Badge is the best way to do that.

depends mate.. did you ever see top gear where they put a smart car into a concrete wall? They could still open the door as normal.

If they use a frame type chassis like the smart car then it would be relatively safe.

Lets see what Ncap rating it gets

Thats all very well, but no matter how hard the chassis is, if a truck rear ends it with a set of "A" bars (like those fitted to a 3rd Gen surf from the factory) they are about the height and width of the rear window... It will go through it like a dart through paper, and the rear head reasts are inches from the glass. The same goes for aygos, smarts and all the other "micro" cars

I saw the Smart crash test. I thought the conclusion was, that the cabin deformity scored well, but on such a compact car with minimal crumple zones the passengers would have died anyway.

Just a though I had the other day when sat behind a Smart in rush hour traffic...

i agree with you on the windows.

I certainly wouldnt carry my children in the back for sure.

You wouldnt get me in the back of any micro car, no thanks!

This is probably for another thread, but the days of sports cars in the UK made by Toyota are over, unless it goes hybrid, and probably badged Lexus,

I wasnt saying they only produce 250 sports cars, I'm saying there will only be about that many Landcruisers imported into the UK in 2008

That could be 250 exclusive sports cars!! :lol:

Is that an un-biased opinion?! :lol:

Well would you say your Corolla is uglier than an Auris? ;) :P

I have pulled more attractive things out of my nose than the Auris :)

I wasnt saying they only produce 250 sports cars, I'm saying there will only be about that many Landcruisers imported into the UK in 2008

Sorry, I know you didn't, my reply was to NnC because he said they could produce 250 exclusive sports cars instead of the LCs. I should have quoted his post, but was trying to save space.

And I just repeated the number instead of saying they would produce 'thousands of exclusive sports cars' because thousands kind of contradicts exclusive :)

Looks like it will have a 5* NCAP and road tax will be free - great little city car if you ask me.

Just have to wait for the price as it's being aimed as the more luxurious model over the Aygo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links