Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wind

vmail

its currently 46-50 MPH outside and I cant sleep, the MET are saying "possibility of 80 mph gusts"

will it be safe to drive a fiesta in this weather?

managed to do it without tipping over the car, got the job done in 2 mins

now to check out So'ton.... I mean work from the hotel

Is it ever safe to drive a fiesta?

I didnt choose the car, the keys were in the post and I havent signed any rental documents

just about fit everything in the boot

It's probably not safe to drive ANY car in 80mph gusts Nadim.... :rolleyes:

We get a bit stitched up at galeforce 11 ('violent storm'), but would never go anywhere if we did not venture outside for a mere 60mph-80mph. I do remember trying to go for a walk in a galeforce 12 ('hurricane') and realizing how silly this was when a dustbin shot past me at about 20mph-30mph well clear of the ground!

We get lots of wind, the sad thing is that wind turbines freewheel when the going gets meaningful and those with individual ones lose their power along with everyone else when the power goes down to protect the power lines.

Geo.

I am very disappointed nobody has lowered the tone of this thread called "Wind"

I arrived here expecting more............:D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I am very disappointed nobody has lowered the tone of this thread called "Wind"

I arrived here expecting more............:D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Ironically I just clicked this thread, eager to post a characteristicly unhelpful comment about eating beans :D

I was even considering a throw away comment about recycling the tins afterwards so ford can make more fiestas....

Ho Hum... I'm slacking.... :(

I have to admit to being majorly disappointed with this so called 'Storm of the Century' that everyone's going on about.

Here on Teesside we had a bit of rain this morning - maybe 10 minutes worth, then it's been blue sky and sunshine all day with nothing more than a light breeze.

Worst place to live my Arrrrrs !

I have to admit to being majorly disappointed with this so called 'Storm of the Century' that everyone's going on about.

me too :angry:

I got up at 6am today to lower my car as the rear end was 5ft in the air from me taking the engine out, and all we get is a little breeze :rolleyes:

No bother with the 40ft curtain sider today even though it was a light load and I had to keep pulling out to overtake slow fiesta's :P :lol:

Nadim, next time you go out put two spoons of epsom salts in the tank and you won't be bothered with the wind :thumbsup:

that wasnt me

will have to drive to London tomoz

When I get troubled with the wind I usually open both of my windows :lol: ;)

went out to get some fuel and food when this happen

http://vupload.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=9132905853

I had to stop because I could not see anything and the car would not grip the road

You poor thing, how could you possibly cope? A breeze AND some precipitation!

Is he for real???:

try being in a hotel next to heathrow

I'll finally get to dump the car at the airport in the morning

does anyone know if I'm legally allow to drive in Turkey?

yeah, I been told about the visa at turkey

Mega bad winds here too, was at Sainsburys tonight, got past the end of the building and the wind grabbed hold of the trolley and it took both me and Mum to hold it - never had that happen before!

There's a severe weather warning across most of the country. Winds 50 MPH gusting to 65 or 75 mph or higher in some places according to the Met Office.

Wonder if we should change the title of this thread and make it a sticky (or create a new one) to warn people.

To be fair mate I think ost people are aware that its a bit breezy... its all over the news/radio/telly.

Its really not that bad here at all.. had a couple of trees down but I live in a wooded area... total anti climax.. not even had a power outage yet!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links