Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

03 Avensis Cd Player Problem "error 1"

avensisdriver08

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can help with this.

Driving to work this morning the cd player came on when I started the car as usual, I flipped over to the radio and changed the cd.... just flashed "loading" for a while then came up with error 1...

I have googled this for a about an hour this morning but came up with nothing...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks In Advance...

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can help with this.

Driving to work this morning the cd player came on when I started the car as usual, I flipped over to the radio and changed the cd.... just flashed "loading" for a while then came up with error 1...

I have googled this for a about an hour this morning but came up with nothing...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks In Advance...

Hello Matey ............ I haven't had this problem in my Avensis but something did occur that was similar in my previous car. In this case the CD had been working perfectly and then came up with 'Code 03' when I inserted a disc. A quick check of the Entertainment Booklet showed that the Laser was dirty and needed a clean ....... inserted a cleaning disc and Bob's your Uncle ........ worked a treat. It could be a dirty laser or maybe a damaged disc ..... check the basics first and then, if it's still playing up, a telephone call to Mr T should identify the code and suggest a solution. Let us know how you get on.

TeyaDog

I sometimes get this in my Celica with my CD changer. If I have the Cd player set to shuffle 'all', it shuffles the stereo CD & the 10 disc changer. Sometimes I'll just get ERROR on the display when it loads a CD, then after a couple of second it just goes to a different CD. This has happened when selecting a disc in the changer & in the stereo, although at completely different times.

It's not the player really. TeyaDog is spot on with the lens being dirty or the disc scratched/dirty. Chuck it a lens cleaner & clean up your CD's & all should work fine.

Thanks for the reply guys, I tried 3 different CD's, still the same.

I'll pick a cleaner up tonight and give that a try.

No probs, though I wouldn't spend anymore than a few quid on the cleaner. Any more than that and you're wasting your cash, as the cheap ones are just as good as the expensive ones. I know as I used to sell them when I worked for Virgin Megastores & Silverscreen DVD.

• 5 months later...

I have the same error 1 problem with my 05 avensis. W53904 - I tried a cleaner in it today and didn't solve the prob! Anyone have any other ideas? I saw a replacement on eBay for £180, if im gonna spend this much i'd rather see if i can get a different stereo installed with a third party fascia plate if one exists!

• 1 month later...
I have the same error 1 problem with my 05 avensis. W53904 - I tried a cleaner in it today and didn't solve the prob! Anyone have any other ideas? I saw a replacement on ebay for £180, if im gonna spend this much i'd rather see if i can get a different stereo installed with a third party fascia plate if one exists!

ANY LUCK WITH YOUR CD PLAYER? i HAVE TRIED SEVERAL CLEANERS AND MY CD PLAYER STILL NOT READING THE DISCS. helppppppppp

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links