Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris D-4d Turbocharger

Toscane

Okay, here's the thing. I can't seem to find where is the turbocharger located in my 1.4 D-4D, owner's manual doesn't say anything about it and I can't see it under the hood. If someone can upload a picture, that'll be great.

It should be at the rear of the engine. If you remove the plastic engine cover you will most prob notice it then.

Mart.

This is what it looks like (17201)

114837410_o.jpg

Kingo :thumbsup:

KINGY, isnt that a 2.0/2.2 diesel though? ;) lol

Good work on the pic though - i can never work out how to save pics from EPC2. Have to get the parts guys to sort it out lol

Mart.

Ah, so that's where it's hiding! :) Under the engine cover. Thank you guys!

By the way, I have another question about the turbocharger. Is it possible to change the turbocharger with a bigger one, without ruining the warranty and, of course, engine; to gain a little bit more performance?

Every car I've seen to this day with turbochargers had this incredible kick(you know, it literally kicks you from your behind) and whistle when the turbo kicks in however with my Auris, you can only hear the sound of turbocharger with the windows open(and it's a very petite one) and the kick isn't that big of a deal.

KINGY, isnt that a 2.0/2.2 diesel though? ;) lol

Good work on the pic though - i can never work out how to save pics from EPC2. Have to get the parts guys to sort it out lol

Mart.

:D: Well spotted Mart, I saved it and uploaded it before noticing my deliberate mistake, but it is very similar on the 1.4 so I'm leaving it at that, lol It's easy enough to do Mart, load up the page, hit "Print Screen" this saves the image to the clipboard, then copy and paste it into your image editing software and upload it to bucketshop or similar

Kingo :thumbsup:

Every car I've seen to this day with turbochargers had this incredible kick(you know, it literally kicks you from your behind) and whistle when the turbo kicks in however with my Auris, you can only hear the sound of turbocharger with the windows open(and it's a very petite one) and the kick isn't that big of a deal.
But all your other cars are petrol. I think I posted a reply to you in another thread... new turbo will not work as you would like and must seek chip tuning.