Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Potential Auris T180 Owner Soon

T Sport 1978

Hi all auris owners.

Just a couple of things please.

1. Anything to look out for in terms of problems

2. Whats your real world fuel consumption and range on a tank and tank capacity

3. Where is the redline / what rev does it begin to run out of puff

The T Sport has been brilliant for me, but today's budget announcement has woken me up a little in terms of costs so am looking for another car with similar pace but in the long run is going to cost less....much less.

Thanks in advance.

Hi T Sport 1978

Have been thinking along the same lines - have you considered the Auris SR180

Hi T Sport 1978

Have been thinking along the same lines - have you considered the Auris SR180

Hi Flumps,

I have but there aren't many around and its out of my price range.

Its a shame that i have to think along these lines, not that the Auris is not worthy of the change of car, but there is nothing wrong with the T Sport except for the running cost. :(

The T180 seems to have everything that the SR has except for the spoiler and privacy glass... Am i right?

I think the SR has bigger wheels and I also think (don't quote me on this) the suspension is better

Know what you mean about the TSport - lovely car - be sad to see her go :crybaby: well not for at least the next 12 months :yahoo:

I do not think you will get your money back and your current car will be harder to sell now! Go test drive T180 to see if it is worth upgrading and enjoy the torque.

If you really want to beat the Tax man, go and get a 1.4 d4d yaris!

I dont think a T180 will cost you that much less than your t-sport in overall terms. My decision to buy the T180 was based on Performace, The cracking drive and its something different. Im averaging around 450 to a tank which is about £55.00 now with the last increase in petrol prices. When you factor in the new tax bands and the rising cost of diesel, will it really be cheaper than you t-sport? Like I said, I LOVE my T180, but I would look at a small diesel to beat the tax man!

I do not think you will get your money back and your current car will be harder to sell now! Go test drive T180 to see if it is worth upgrading and enjoy the torque.

I did just that today.... Test drove an SR180 which mechanically is the same as the T180. I actually really enjoyed it, more than i had expected. The cabin is cheaper than the corolla, but its pleasantly laid out and everything seems to be put together quite well.

As for the drive... Well, the torque was less fierce as i thought it would be. The car had done 2500 miles, is that not really enough for a run in yet? But 2000 - 4000 revs was fun in any gear which was impressive.

I am seriously thinking about this now, as long as i am going to realistically get 400+ miles out of a tank, then i think i will have to just go for it.

From next year, its going to cost me £260 to tax the T Sport and with only a range of 270-300 miles per tank, i think i will make a good saving without compromising too much on performance, therefore a good change.

But that aside, have you guys experienced any unexpected problems with yours?

Appreciate your advise.

If you really want to beat the Tax man, go and get a 1.4 d4d yaris!

I dont think a T180 will cost you that much less than your t-sport in overall terms. My decision to buy the T180 was based on Performace, The cracking drive and its something different. Im averaging around 450 to a tank which is about £55.00 now with the last increase in petrol prices. When you factor in the new tax bands and the rising cost of diesel, will it really be cheaper than you t-sport? Like I said, I LOVE my T180, but I would look at a small diesel to beat the tax man!

yeah the problem is that i am getting 270-300 out of my tank (same tank capacity of 55L) and i regularly do more than that in a week... Your tank range is something i aspire to be able to achieve.

I had two T-sports for five years, MKI and MKII. I only miss the dark side of 6,200 rpm. I changed to the T-180 and don't regret it. Still have all the power and speed I need with the added bonus of fuel cons. In the real world my T-180 is faster with less effort and ear strain.

Hi all auris owners.

Just a couple of things please.

1. Anything to look out for in terms of problems

2. Whats your real world fuel consumption and range on a tank and tank capacity

3. Where is the redline / what rev does it begin to run out of puff

The T Sport has been brilliant for me, but today's budget announcement has woken me up a little in terms of costs so am looking for another car with similar pace but in the long run is going to cost less....much less.

Thanks in advance.

I've had 1 issue in the year i've had my t180. Slight break squeal; only took it in the other day, thats how much it bothered me and being replaced under warrenty.

Other things people have had problems with, washer jets spraying too low, take it in and they will fix. Squeaks and creeks in the dash, again fixed under warrenty.

Real world, in the summer i definatly could achieve 43/44mpg even with some occasional hefty foot work. Now in winter its more like 40mpg. Fuel used Shell vpower diesel. However, that fuel seems to be 1 maybe 2mpg less than normal Shell diesel. Buts its better, definatly revs higher and has more cleaning additives. Range is a comfortable 430 miles. 450 at a push but why bother. Tank is 55l same as corolla i think. Current prices i think for 114p vpower is about £56 a fillup.

Once run in properly with normal Shell diesel, runs out at 4k or just under. With vpower diesel it will revs a bit higher, up to 4.5k. However on the power/torque graph, max power is reached at 3.8k and then tails off. bhp on vpower is higher after the tail off; declines at a slower rate basically, but still good to change at around 4k rpm.

As they said before, its v.quick in the real world especially in 3rd which is the most common gear to use. You can go from about 25mph to 70mph in 3rd if you plant your foot, it does it very quickly. Thats just to demonstrate the range flexibility but at 25mph in 3rd you get a slight bit of turbo lag. Anything from 1.8k and your laughing with the torque.

In the year ive had it nothing ive noticed is quicker than it apart from porsches, tvrs and some quicker BMW's like the 335ds. They are as rare as the t180, there has been PLENTY of accasionals where, gti's, type-rs, vrs, 325ds, 120ds, and then the usual bmw, passat, golf etc drives have all been shocked or blown away by its performance. Nothing really comes close in general and the gti, type-r and vrs aren't any faster in the real world.

Once the approved chip comes out to give it 210bhp or there abouts it will be rather insane. Not far off the pace of some of the v.expensive bmw's, boxsters or r32s.

I had two T-sports for five years, MKI and MKII. I only miss the dark side of 6,200 rpm. I changed to the T-180 and don't regret it. Still have all the power and speed I need with the added bonus of fuel cons. In the real world my T-180 is faster with less effort and ear strain.

EAR STRAIN, its music.

LOL ive also had 2 Tsports and have just gone to a T180. ALthough the perfomance is good and the drive is excellent, performnce is smooth and readily availble I do miss the anticipation and the sound of 8000 rpm.

But sensible and practical says the T180 is the better all rounder and the toys are superb.

EAR STRAIN, its music.

LOL ive also had 2 Tsports and have just gone to a T180. ALthough the perfomance is good and the drive is excellent, performnce is smooth and readily availble I do miss the anticipation and the sound of 8000 rpm.

But sensible and practical says the T180 is the better all rounder and the toys are superb.

Don't get me wrong. I do miss the tune. Running around my Border roads on song was ver nice but I also do a lot of M milage and that's where the stain lay.

High speed cruising was tedious on the ears especially with hard rock bellowing out at 45 on the dial. Now I can travel even faster, quieter and enjoy my stereo more.

EAR STRAIN, its music.

Don't get me wrong. I do miss the tune. Running around my Border roads on song was ver nice but I also do a lot of M milage and that's where the stain lay.

High speed cruising was tedious on the ears especially with hard rock bellowing out at 45 on the dial. Now I can travel even faster, quieter and enjoy my stereo more.

Your case sounds like mine.

How has it been treating you? All good?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links