Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Great Start Of The New Season For Lewis

dave.m

Well Lewis Hamilton made the best start for the new F1 season, great win, great race. Just an observation, ok you

cant base it on one race but is it just me ? Or do the rest of you think that the so called champions aint so good

without the electronics to do a lot of the driving for them (traction control) ? Hmmmmm..................................

Well Lewis Hamilton made the best start for the new F1 season, great win, great race. Just an observation, ok you

cant base it on one race but is it just me ? Or do the rest of you think that the so called champions aint so good

without the electronics to do a lot of the driving for them (traction control) ? Hmmmmm..................................

Hi Dave,

Agreed - a good race yesterday and the best possible start for Hamilton. The majority of the retirements yesterday was down to either race damage (shunts) or the failure of parts on the car. The two Champions in the field - Alonso and Raikkonnen - did ok and no, I don't think they were affected by the loss of driver aids. Alonso finished in the points and simply has an inferior car to Lewis and Kimi was always playing catch-up and was over enthusiatic on a couple of occasions in attempting to pass. The majority of yesterdays drivers have all driven cars without Traction Control and have spent a good deal of time testing over the winter so it won't be a problem.

Already looking forward to Maylasia ........... will Glock give us another spectacular incident?

TeyaDog

Hi Dave,

Agreed - a good race yesterday and the best possible start for Hamilton. The majority of the retirements yesterday was down to either race damage (shunts) or the failure of parts on the car. The two Champions in the field - Alonso and Raikkonnen - did ok and no, I don't think they were affected by the loss of driver aids. Alonso finished in the points and simply has an inferior car to Lewis and Kimi was always playing catch-up and was over enthusiatic on a couple of occasions in attempting to pass. The majority of yesterdays drivers have all driven cars without Traction Control and have spent a good deal of time testing over the winter so it won't be a problem.

Already looking forward to Maylasia ........... will Glock give us another spectacular incident?

TeyaDog

Hi mate, I was actually having a go at Raikenen, whom I have never been a fan of. He seemed to be missing TC a fair bit.

But it was good to see a mixture of teams on the podium, looks like it could be a good season. Laughed at the report in a

scottish paper today about Coulthard. He says if he does not get an apology from Massa he will kick three colours of sh^t

out of the little Bas^ard. :lol::lol:

Hey Don what makes you say that about Lewis ? :o

It was an excellent race. Well done for Lewis, he had a drive of a champ, settting great lap times.

Coulthard's comment was great. I watched a V+'d version of the live race. He meant what he said, as you could hear it in his voice!

As for the drivers aids being removed (traction control and brake aid), the drivers did suffer. They were making silly mistakes all the time. It was great to see all the cars/drivers having a better chance of doing well, that way we get to see the drivers skill and less of what the car can do!

It will be interesting after 6 reaces I'd say, as those that have been dependant on the aids 'should' be able to perform better. What helped Lewis, I think was his not all too long ago time in karting. Therefore his not gotten used to all the aids and can drive the car without a problem. Funny how 2 young Karting mates ended up 1st & 3rd!!!

I'm just happy coz Ferrari have zero points!!!!

You and me both mate :thumbsup:

Well the McLaren curse struck Lewis yesterday :( oh well.

Anyway a TOYOTA in FOURTH position !!!!!!!!!!!! W T F is all that about ? Do I need to consider swapping my allegiance ? :lol:

• 5 months later...

Well Lewis had a FAN FREAKIN TASTIC race at Belguim today. Bloody brilliant wheel to wheel stuff, just what we like :thumbsup:

Well Lewis had a FAN FREAKIN TASTIC race at Belguim today. Bloody brilliant wheel to wheel stuff, just what we like :thumbsup:

But sadly he has been relegated to third place following an enquiry :(

But sadly he has been relegated to third place following an enquiry :(

:censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

Just like last year, the bias toward Ferrari is ****** ridiculous. :censor:

Seemed like a ridiculous decision to me. If Hamilton had stayed on the track there would have been a 2 car pile up as the Ferrari would have driven into the side of him and with 2 laps to go an instant end to the race. What was he supposed to to do if not use the escape road?

Telemetry says after cutting the corner he was 6pmh slower than the Ferrari and he didn't attempt to pass him until yielding the position and then waiting until the next corner. Seeing as the Ferrari was totaled a few corners later it's not like there was a chance for them to win.

From a tele punters POV the decision makes no sense.

What he did was an illegal undertake, regardless of him trying to avoid an accident. Hamilton should have been given a drive through penalty at the time, but wasnt, hence his later time penalty of 25 seconds. Did Hamilton surrender the lead back to Kimi? I don't think he surrendered it, Kimi got it back yes, but in the spirit of things Hamilton didnt make it easy and he has been penalised. Telemetry showed a speed difference of 6 KPH, NOT MPH. As with everything else in big time sport these days, the appeal being launched has nothing to do with fairness or sportsmanship, it has everything to do with MONEY, driver points, MONEY, constructors points, MONEY. I like to see a Brit win, but when it happened I had a feeling it looked an illegal move and the stewards thought so too

Kingo :thumbsup:

What he did was an illegal undertake, regardless of him trying to avoid an accident. Hamilton should have been given a drive through penalty at the time, but wasnt, hence his later time penalty of 25 seconds. Did Hamilton surrender the lead back to Kimi? I don't think he surrendered it, Kimi got it back yes, but in the spirit of things Hamilton didnt make it easy and he has been penalised. Telemetry showed a speed difference of 6 KPH, NOT MPH. As with everything else in big time sport these days, the appeal being launched has nothing to do with fairness or sportsmanship, it has everything to do with MONEY, driver points, MONEY, constructors points, MONEY. I like to see a Brit win, but when it happened I had a feeling it looked an illegal move and the stewards thought so too

Rubbish rubbish rubbish every body knows Ferrari are so far in the back pocket of the FIA it stinks...........the spy gate stuff etc etc etc.. Ferrari can do no wrong in the Bernie and FIA eyes.....

F1 is all about money and Ferrari has the most so they line the pockets of those needed... :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

I'll get me coat....

Well well, bernie and ferrari owner briatore now own QPR, conflict of interests ? IMHO F1 is now the most

corrupt sport in the world. Some interesting comments here -

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08092008/58/...hips-storm.html

(over a hundred at bottom of page)

It's all to do with money......The sport element has gone out of the window. Premierleague/Sky started it all off...............Now F1

Where theres money theres News International or Bernie...:lol:

It all stinks :wacko:

F1A = Ferrari 1st. Always

I can remember when a certain Michael Schumacher cut over a corner and was not penalised !!!

He also finished a race in the pit lane ( following a 10 second penalty ) and was still awarded the race !!!

TBH that decision stank, yes he did cut the corner but then dropped back behind kimi again. he had no choice but to cut or cause an accident.

bout time ferrari were disqualified for biatchin and moaning

i agree with it being soooooo unfair for Lewis :angry:

There is a petition for Lewis i have put it in Generals as more folk will see it there,

please go sign it ....not that the FIA will take any notice of us all though ;)

FIA = Ferrari Internal Affairs

And all the (Ferrari) cars that cut the first corner of the race - oh yes, no penalty

And the dangerous pitlane (Ferrari) driving - oh yes no real penalty

Good thing Hamilton isnt black or..........oops.........

• 2 weeks later...
FIA = Ferrari Internal Affairs

And all the (Ferrari) cars that cut the first corner of the race - oh yes, no penalty

And the dangerous pitlane (Ferrari) driving - oh yes no real penalty

Good thing Hamilton isnt black or..........oops.........

I would hate to think F1 had any "Black " issues as that could kill the sport off but i feel its a Mclaren problem, I'm starting to think the FIA are coming down hard on them after Mosley fell out with Dennis last year, and it seems the FIA and the Stewards follow mosley like little sheep, things will only change once mosley steps down, and then we must hope the new guy doesn't own a red sports car !

Singapore GP soon to be on ITV (12:00..............Race starts 13:00).............................Dont miss it :thumbsup:

I think its going to be a tricky track to overtake on ...i guess we will know in a few hours time :)

• 3 weeks later...

Holy flaming tamoly, Brazil is going to be a nail biter :shutit: :shutit:

Holy flaming tamoly, Brazil is going to be a nail biter :!Removed!: :!Removed!:

Yep lets hope he keeps his cool and drives to win not drives to stay in front........ :toast:

Bernie is probably now in the Ferrari tent telling them to get their act together or he'll not order another Ferrari again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links