Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Closing And Bonnet Clip?

madder

Ok My Carina E Leanburn 1997 Saloon did have a few minor issues. I have spoken about the engine light being on, and it has been for the past 4 years at least. The guy I bought it off, I met 4 years ago, and the light was on. It has since passed the NCT Car Test but is due again next month. I think it may be a minor electrical issue, but some here have suggested Leanburn sensor or CAT. I hope it's neither!!

I solved the back passenger side door not opening from the inside, by adjusting the hidden child lock that lies on the edge of the door. Tha door works fine now. However, the other back driver side door needs to be slammed to close it properly. You know sometimes when you gently close the door of a car and it doesn't connect properly? It's closed but loose? And you get the door open warning light? Well I have to give the door a !Removed! good slam to make sure that doesn't happen. Can anyone shed some light on what I can adjust and where that might help the door close with slightly less of a slam!!

Then finally, the clip for opening the bonnet isn't working properly. I get in the car and pull the clip and nothing happens. If a second person goes to the bonnet and gives it a helping hand it can be opened, but if it's just me using the clip, nothing happens. No clicking noise, just nothing. It does seem to be connected up inside the car end. Anyone know how to solve that one?

I'd appreciate loads of help and suggestions!!! Thanks!

Really? Clean the clip/hook? Under the bonnet? OK, I'll have a look and give it a try. But I must point out that it doesn't even seem to lift, not even a little. Just nothing happens and you need a second person to open the bonnet. But I will try and do appreciate the suggestion.

If anyone has any suggestions as regards the door closing problem or if anyone can confirm that my engine warning light could possibly be a minor electrical fault that would please me too!!!>>>??? :D

Really? Clean the clip/hook? Under the bonnet? OK, I'll have a look and give it a try. But I must point out that it doesn't even seem to lift, not even a little. Just nothing happens and you need a second person to open the bonnet. But I will try and do appreciate the suggestion.

If anyone has any suggestions as regards the door closing problem or if anyone can confirm that my engine warning light could possibly be a minor electrical fault that would please me too!!!>>>??? :D

For it to lift..

the metal catch needs to push the bonnet up..

so if its dirty.. then it will simply open the catch.

as for your door ..

is their any play in the hinges ?

I'll check for the dirt. I can't visualise the theory, but I'll take your word for it and have a look. I'm sure you may be right. I suppose you mean just where it lifts the bonnet?

I'll check for some give in the hinges too? Perhaps if I can move the a little looser the door will connect properly.

Would the car fail a test on this door do you know?

Thanks for your help.

You were correct about the bonnet clip. It had rusted a little and peeled and was struggling to lift itself. Works a lot better now. Thanks for that. I haven't tried the door yet though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links