Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

In Desperate Need Of Front Discs And Pads

Danny_TTE_compressor

Need some uprated front discs and pads for my compressor.

the current ones (set 3 in 18k) are standard toyota muck, the discs have cracked again and the pads down to the metal.....soooooo.....

iv ben scouting about and found some ebc standard discs with redstuff pads for £130 or some nitrac discs with redstuff pads for £170.

finding discs is a right pain in the @rse.

1) anyone got any suggestions for other discs/pads (preferably no holes or grooves, young but no boy racer!)

2) anyone used the afore mentioned discs and pads???

deadebc2cg4.jpg

deadebclefthd4.jpg

deadebcrightvo5.jpg

i have no faith in ebc after this happned , not in a CTS tho . the greenstuff pad material had also unmounted from the backing plate in one piece when this happened

cant go wrong with mintex/pagid/ferrodo aftermarket pads imo and in the end i ended up using Brembo oem discs on my last car

more than happy to put brembos on but they dont make them for the 'rolla. i was pretty chuffed with black diamond that i had on a previous car, but they dont make discs for it either......mintex, would love but cant find any, ferrodo.........again cant find any! my cuz has red stuff on his impreza and they are standing up to the abuse well so they may be an option with the nitrac discs

ANYONE ACTUALLY UPGRADED THERE TSPORT DISCS AND PADS???????????????????/

SURELY SOME ONE HAS THE OEM ONES ARE GARBAGE. HOW DOES ANYONE STOP MORE THAN TWICE FROM DECENT SPEED????

i thought 3g and black damond did t sport discs

silverstone performance do a 325mm upgrade if you have a few spare quid lol ,

il dig out links bud

stephen

EDIT

website fubar'd but the contact details are there

http://www.silverstoneperformance.co.uk/

3g - need to email them :s

Brembo do pads but i think theres a 6 week waiting list at any time on these

sounds good, not sure what toyota will say about it when it next goes in and it has brakes that work!. im sure they will try and void the warranty for most of the car! lol

how many spare quids we talking....

i think the big disc kit is 300 odd quid for parts alone , but its on my shopping list as i know how bigger discs improved my last car

toyota can only void warranty on parts connected to aftermarket items , so if a wheel bearing breaks your still ok

block exemption its called :D

need to get my long list of problems sorted before i invest in upgrades. if i had of known the car would be so much grief i wud never have bought it

yeah someone on here a while back mentioned they had got black diamond discs with either red stuff or green stuff pads, so they must do them for the rolla, unless the t sport is different to the compressor.

lol danny sounds like yr having a mare with yr car at the moment

you have a few threads open at the mo - stick with it , warranty yes ?

t sport is same stoppers as compressor

weird, i phoned the black diamond factory office today and they said they didnt do em. and yes this is the car is a pain in the *****! well its all or nothing, when all is well i wudnt swap it for anything in its class then it goes wrong and i wud gladly swap it for an aygo

I can recommend the black diamond discs (they do them - or did them). No problem with those. However the black diamond brake pads are crap. If you can get them ferodo ds2000 or pagid would be my choice. I had EBC greenstuff on a previous car and they were good but i've also heard a number of people with brake pad material delaminating!

When i was looking at this subject last year i got this info direct from Mintex:

The front pads are MDB2257 and the discs are MDC1588.

The rear pads are MDB2596 and the discs are MDC1678.

If i remember correctly these parts are for the Diesel Corolla and if memory serves we have the same brakes.

Hope this helps.

When i was looking at this subject last year i got this info direct from Mintex:

If i remember correctly these parts are for the Diesel Corolla and if memory serves we have the same brakes.

Hope this helps.

are those pads available as m1144s (performance)

stephen

Hope this helps.

are those pads available as m1144s (performance)

stephen

I have no idea, PM me and i will pass on my contacts details :)

What on earth are you doing to your brakes/car? I've had my compressor since Jan 07 its covered 17600 miles and the brakes are nt even 50% of the wat through and i drive my car hard.

What on earth are you doing to your brakes/car? I've had my compressor since Jan 07 its covered 17600 miles and the brakes are nt even 50% of the wat through and i drive my car hard.

i'm with you on that - must be bad driving. done 20k in mine and still in good nick. i had black diamond discs on me last corolla with no probs but i cant say the same about ebc pads. as long as they are a british or jap cast disc you should have no probs - i think toyota along with most other manufacturers are sourcing discs from china hence the low quality and low price. i got some jap pads and discs being brought over for me - only another 8 weeks to wait!

weird, i phoned the black diamond factory office today and they said they didnt do em. and yes this is the car is a pain in the *****! well its all or nothing, when all is well i wudnt swap it for anything in its class then it goes wrong and i wud gladly swap it for an aygo

Are the Fensport ones for the E12 Corolla not Black Diamond? It says that are machined by "Diamond" products, http://www.fensport.co.uk/parts.htm

I'm sure I've seen posts where people have bought these disks from Fensport, I'll be looking to get some myself after I've had the tryes changed on Friday.

Are the Fensport ones for the E12 Corolla not Black Diamond? It says that are machined by "Diamond" products, http://www.fensport.co.uk/parts.htm

I'm sure I've seen posts where people have bought these disks from Fensport, I'll be looking to get some myself after I've had the tryes changed on Friday.

thats 4 of us from chester! we are doing rolling road in june - 2 of us from chester already going....... are you gonna be the 3rd foxx?

well............'lethal' and 'AE' i cant really explain the bad driving, if the discs were warping or the pads glazing i would agree but the pads are wearing down and the discs cracking.....so that tends to P@ss on the bad driving theory...and toyota agree (all discs and pads have been covered by warranty so far)......anyone that gets that many miles either drives like my mum or on a motorway, sayin that as im 21 i do get a bit carried away with the pedals usually the right......but the left must get alot of use evidently

oh and just for information black diamond have stopped selling the corolla 275mm disc as they had lots of faults and complaints of warping adding to my theory certain people on here must drive SSSSSSLLLOOOOWWWW if their discs were ok.

oh and just for information black diamond have stopped selling the corolla 275mm disc as they had lots of faults and complaints of warping adding to my theory certain people on here must drive SSSSSSLLLOOOOWWWW if their discs were ok.

the golf r32 on sunday night didnt think i drivelike a granny!! i drive fast (not in town or in low speed areas) so use brakes as little as poss - by the way i'm a proffessional driver. bad driving i mean if you are that heavy on your brakes you must have poor anticipation skills or are a sad so n so who drives round and round town doing the traffic light grad prix - then you would go through brakes.

lol how did you compare to the r32, they is one posted at my work up for sale outside the gym, has been up for a good 5 months now lol

lol how did you compare to the r32, they is one posted at my work up for sale outside the gym, has been up for a good 5 months now lol

to say he was surprised would be an understatement - wouldnt buy 1. he made the offer and i accepted - rolling start off a roundabout up deeside (all chester lads will know where the r32 was going) he was infront then lift kicked in as he changed gear, got 2 -3 car lengths but couldnt leave him and he couldnt gain any. after our lil play he went down the drag strip outside the toyota factory and i carried on me lil drive with the misses.

well............'lethal' and 'AE' i cant really explain the bad driving, if the discs were warping or the pads glazing i would agree but the pads are wearing down and the discs cracking.....so that tends to P@ss on the bad driving theory...and toyota agree (all discs and pads have been covered by warranty so far)......anyone that gets that many miles either drives like my mum or on a motorway, sayin that as im 21 i do get a bit carried away with the pedals usually the right......but the left must get alot of use evidently

I live in Scotland and at least one a week i drive from Airdrie to Melrose in the scottish borders, thats along the A72 and A73 which is single carriageway wyndy road. All i can say is i anticipate hazards and use engine breaking where possible. I'm 10 years your senior so perhaps we'll just have to put it down to exuberance of youth on your part. Just remember stop start harsh braking is nt always quicker :P

Stay safe

Ps i too drive for a living

HMMM, i'll take your advice on board. i might raise the issue with my race tutor........he might not agree.......

i think your mistaking late braking for a bad thing, no fast driver has used engine braking since the invention of disc brakes!

Anyone who has had proper racing tuition (with a proper race driver, not some geezer who did rallying in the 80's and charges £200 for the day) would know you never engine brake on a circuit, you are told the engine is for going the brakes for stopping, simple stuff lol,

oh professional drivers, well forgive me, you must be fantastic, 'bus drivers' known for their ability to driving at high speeds, lorry drivers the same. Taxi drivers.....always have dents in their cars,.....fleet drivers, well they just sit on motorways, they dont do corners nor traffic coming the other way....so unless your second names are Hamilton, Hill, Mcrae, Moss, etc etc please dont patronise me.

and.......10 years my senior, oldie, your reactions will be ebbing away and your eyesight failing......no wonder you brake early

I think this calls for a track day meet (with new brakes fitted obviously) and i will take it steady for the old grandad t sports. lol

All in good fun lads (well gents) dont start getting irritable in your old age...............

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links