Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got Car On Saturday From Dealer , 4 Year Service Today!

lungo

Hi all,

just thought I let you all know,

I brought the car back today as per instructions, as I told the dealer about the corroding wheel nuts and locks and also the jumping revs when idle, and was told it will take 1 hour...

After arriving at 8.30am today, i did not leave until 1.30pm!!!!

Had to have a full service as the car did not have the warranty stamped and the last service was early 2007!!!

I must hand it to them that they did replace the 2 front types FOC as they were illegal but said that there was a concern with the air con filter being dirty but did not replace it??!!!!

Now to me, I was told that the car will be serviced before i picked it up and checked and now they will not even fit a new filter????

To top it all, the wheel nuts and locks have not been changed as they are doing it on warranty and they think the idle problem is due to not being serviced???!! So I will have to drop by again....

Is this normal for a Toyota Dealer???

Is it worth me complaining??? I know its a second-hand car and not one of their expensive ones, but are we not the future of the dealer when we start to buy better models??

Guess I will have to get one of these filters and fit it in myself, anyone know how much they are??

Its not the money, its the principle........

Any thoughts people??

Hi,

I have also recently purchased a Toyota from a main dealer. (See my other posts). One thing I have learnt is BUYER BEWARE, no matter if it is a private purchase, an independant trader, a car supermarket or Mr Smoothie Main Dealer. I certainly think that next time an AA or RAC check is worth the 50 quid.

Stick to your guns. I have and my dealer is now talking about 'rebuilding the relationship' - them having screwed it up in the first place.

(The car is being collected again next week!) :angry:

Hi,

I have also recently purchased a Toyota from a main dealer. (See my other posts). One thing I have learnt is BUYER BEWARE, no matter if it is a private purchase, an independant trader, a car supermarket or Mr Smoothie Main Dealer. I certainly think that next time an AA or RAC check is worth the 50 quid.

Stick to your guns. I have and my dealer is now talking about 'rebuilding the relationship' - them having screwed it up in the first place.

(The car is being collected again next week!) :angry:

I've had my Avensis for nearly 6 weeks now and I cannot fault my Toyota Dealership in terms of it's customer service. The car was serviced, valeted and anything that needed replacing - I got two new front tyres - was replaced. The car came with only the one key so they ordered another and programmed it all for free and threw-in a few freebies by way of an apology. Dealerships do vary but Motorline Ashford will continue to get my business and, at the end of the day, thats what its all about......Good Customer Service equals Repeat Business.

UPDATE and getting p**sed off with dealer!!

I am taking it in for the idle revs jumping on Monday... bit concerned now as to what they actually do with the car, if anything!!!

I am actually thinking of taking the car back and getting something else!!!!!

Was told that my filter has been changed now when I went in for the so-called wheel nuts etc changing but ended up having a 4 year service (funny how the filter shows up the 27/03/2008 when I took the car in on the 25/03/2008 and the tyres were changed at the same time and dated the 25/03/2008 ) which all this was promised to be completed before I picked up the car and still no wheel nuts/lock changed.. now been told that my warranty has expired???!!! and the nuts and lock not even been ordered!!!!

Is there a cooling off period of 30 days or 500 miles before I can take the car back???

Sorry for this but letting off steam at the moment..... The car is great except for the aftersales and the false promises...

What do you think I should do?? Dont like speaking to the sales rep as service/parts are saying that I need to go via him, and he is saying I should go via the service department!!

Your toyota garage should have a general manager, usually the chief Sales Rep. He should be your first point of contact. Write everything down in chronological order so all things are clear in your mind. As the problems relate to faults discovered within the warranty period they still have an implied obligation to correct them. Verbal agreements do form part of a contract and must be adhered to. I think the date issue is minor and may relate to 'end of week' dates.

If the garage still fails to perform speak to Toyota GB 01737 367700, and ask to speak to a chap called Steve Settle, director of customer services. Again, chronological order and keep cool. Getting irate will only weaken your case.

ive just bought my 3rd toyota but i went to a different toyota dealer this time... took my car in yesterday with couple of minor issues havin had the car 3 weeks.

have to say the service was excellent....took the car in at 8.30 was given a lift to work by the dealership driver and my car was returned to me at work with the fault fixed and the car had been valeted inside and washed and waxed on outside, that what i call good aftercare.

have dealt with 2 main toyota dealers the current one im dealing with is in a different class compared to the previous one.

it seems to me there is some iffy service from some dealers you might say

bought mine from the rrg group up in the north, i have realised its a case of buyer beware, regardless of the fact that its a toyota main dealer you're dealing with. Mine was well overdue a service, had not been valeted, had the engine light come on, etc.,etc....

Anyway, after lots of phone calls got the sales manager to sort most things out, as its under warranty. They tried to wriggle out of the overdue service and so only did me new oil and filter, not the plugs, air filter, etc. that was due. I would not buy a car from them again...

Hi all,

spoken to the Sales Manager as even the paperwork is not complete.

I have got blank copies!!!!!

will be meeting him tomorrow and see what he can do for me.

Just worried now, as I will be known as a 'problem customer' to them.....

Amserve, could you pm me what rrg branch in Manchester you had/have problems with??

Thanks

As long as you are reasonable with the SM you won't be known as a problem customer at all. Occasionally there are oversights and things do go wrong, it's human nature.

I have to deal with these problems at my dealership, if you sit down with him calmly and say exactly what you expected checking it is in your orignal order form it will get sorted for you.

He'll try and do as much as he can as he would prefer hapy customers as there is no advertising like word of mouth.

I wouldn't any freebies tbh as the motor industry is slow as hell atm on used so dealerships tend to be cutting back on margins to ensure they are moving the units...

Thanks for that.

I was reasonable and calm when I spoke to him on the phone and he was VERY pleasant, but I am taking it with a pitch of salt.

The sales rep and finance guy were the same, pleasant, promised me items for my kids if i take this out etc but still problems and promises not forfilled.

I am definitely thinking of this 30 day return unless something changes my mind drastically.

When I was buying my Corolla, I looked at one at RRG Salford.

It hadn't been serviced for about 30k miles (I found this in the service book, and the salesman even confirmed it after checking if it was on record and the book just hadn't been stamped), and was very tatty. Side rubbing strips stuck on with PVA glue, wing mirror held on with a cable tie etc. It was unbelievable for a main dealer.

I even got a mate to phone up a week or so later and ask about it - it suddenly had a Full Toyota Service History. ^_^

When I was buying my Corolla, I looked at one at RRG Salford.

It hadn't been serviced for about 30k miles (I found this in the service book, and the salesman even confirmed it after checking if it was on record and the book just hadn't been stamped), and was very tatty. Side rubbing strips stuck on with PVA glue, wing mirror held on with a cable tie etc. It was unbelievable for a main dealer.

I even got a mate to phone up a week or so later and ask about it - it suddenly had a Full Toyota Service History. ^_^

Jock,

If that is correct then you have/had a responsibility to report the garage to the trading standards authority. It will not cost you anything but that is the ONLY way rogue garages will clean up their act, and consider it a public service. Several years back I did report a garage to the TSA and they stiffed around a while, asked some awkward questions to the garage and that was enough to put the fear of God into them. I would not hesitate to do it again.

Thank you for all your surpport.

The dealer has now agreed to change the car and I will be picking up the new one on Monday!!! :)

Will let you know how things go!!!

The car is hopefully a 2.2 diesel avensis!!!

Oh, that is the car I brought! (55). Lovely to drive, lots of puff. Averages around 40mph around town and 45 plus on the open road (80-90mph). Things to watch out for is the clutch. Make sure the pedal is smooth with no squeaks, grunts or notching sounds. I needed mind replaced from day 1, but the garage did it promptly as it is a toyota warranty work.

Btw: If ever you get the full maintenance schedule for it I'll be interested to have a copy if that is alright with you.

No problem grapet,

Could you explain more on what the full maintenance schedule?? is it not in the service book??

Mine is only the 2.2 (05) diesel T4... and its on 16in wheels!!!?? was told 17 in will not fit????

is that a joke too??? He was going on about the make etc of the car...blah.

Not going to bother with it, will just ensure that the car is what i expected and then go...

Oh, will a proper wheel fit into the spare wheel saver?? a 16 or 17??

Cheers guys!

• 3 weeks later...
No problem grapet,

Could you explain more on what the full maintenance schedule?? is it not in the service book??

Mine is only the 2.2 (05) diesel T4... and its on 16in wheels!!!?? was told 17 in will not fit????

is that a joke too??? He was going on about the make etc of the car...blah.

Not going to bother with it, will just ensure that the car is what i expected and then go...

Oh, will a proper wheel fit into the spare wheel saver?? a 16 or 17??

Cheers guys!

Hi,

Mine came with 16" and i don't think 17" will fit, either on the car or in the boot. The service book only tells you when it should be serviced. The maintenance schedule informs what should be done at each one. I am quite happy with my car now and the garage has performed far far better, and yours??

One can download info including schedules from here.

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/MaintenanceSchedules.aspx

Hi all,

just thought I let you all know,

I brought the car back today as per instructions, as I told the dealer about the corroding wheel nuts and locks and also the jumping revs when idle, and was told it will take 1 hour...

After arriving at 8.30am today, i did not leave until 1.30pm!!!!

Had to have a full service as the car did not have the warranty stamped and the last service was early 2007!!!

I must hand it to them that they did replace the 2 front types FOC as they were illegal but said that there was a concern with the air con filter being dirty but did not replace it??!!!!

Now to me, I was told that the car will be serviced before i picked it up and checked and now they will not even fit a new filter????

To top it all, the wheel nuts and locks have not been changed as they are doing it on warranty and they think the idle problem is due to not being serviced???!! So I will have to drop by again....

Is this normal for a Toyota Dealer???

Is it worth me complaining??? I know its a second-hand car and not one of their expensive ones, but are we not the future of the dealer when we start to buy better models??

Guess I will have to get one of these filters and fit it in myself, anyone know how much they are??

Its not the money, its the principle........

Any thoughts people??

hi mate

i agree with you. MrT dealer is not right.

They lose own face day by day. But i change all filters during each service (10k km).

good luck/igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links