Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Annual Service - Mileage Lattitude

Berti

My Avensis Tourer 2.0 D-4D T3x will be one year old on 11 May 2008 and the mileage reading is currently 7850 or there abouts.

I am aware that the car will require an intermediate service at 10000 miles or 1 year whichever is sooner and if it were not for the fact that in 10 days time the car is going to be used for a short holiday to Berwick on Tweed [from Cardiff so 1000 miles round trip before any sightseing trips] and then shortly after, within 3 days of return, for a trip to London [300 miles round trip] - I would be content in the knowledge that the 1 year period would precede the 10000 mile target on the clock. However, as there is a distinct possibility that 10000 miles might be reached on my travels I want to know if Toyota lays down an allowed lattitude either side of the 10000 mile threshold in which he service may be carried out so as to comply with the requirements of the waranty.

So far I have not spotted any words on this in the service book.

I rang my dealer with the same question before the first service was due on mine. If I recall correctly, the answer was 1500 miles extra was deemed ok and would not harm the warranty.

thats better than vw then. when i wanted my polo serviced i couldnt go past the 10k mark without invalidating the warranty apparently.

Interestingly, Toyota World in Cardiff have just emailed a response to my question - the most cryptic and impersonal message I've yet to receive - saying Toyota "suggest" 500 miles over the 10K!!

I think I'll ask another Toyota dealer!

Thanks for the help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links