Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lost Master Key

nutty_77uk

Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum i didnt know where it would best go.

I have just lost the master key to my 2001 Celica. Does anyone know of a decent auto locksmith

in the South West preferably Plymouth who can help me out. I dont fancy paying Toyata in excess

of £1000 for a new ECU/Transponder.

I f not in the South West I am willing to travel as I can still drive the car with the valet key.

Thanks

Dave :(

There is a thread somewhere here where a vehicle key guy says it's easy. Not sure which forum it's in though, and I've done a search and can't find it. Problem is, search won't let you use three letter terms such as key or ecu etc.

Not even sure which car it related to, but he seemed to know his stuff. I think he said he could even help over the phone. Was located on south coast IIRC and there was a link to his site (if that hasn't been removed).

See if you can find it, but if not can anyone else remember the thread?

Unfortunately it's not just as easy as replacing the locks!!

If the valet key will still let you drive the car then you may be able to get a new key programmed.

If you change the locks then your new keys would not have the transponder chip in them to deactivate the immobaliser.

As for costs, no idea, try a PM to Parts King who should be able to give you a rough idea.

:thumbsup:

Found it by searching for lock.

User is jsautos. There's a number in that thread, or else PM him. Can't vouch for him but he seems to know his stuff.

went to get batteries for my mondy key today! £10.55 for two batteries, and then because i have lost/didn't get some sort of metal disc in the key, I need to buy a new set of keys (£150 for three keys), will this include reprogramming to the mondy? or is that the £80 per key i was originally quoted before being told i need new keys to be added? argh, and am not shelling out £30 for 6 batteries for them, they better be included

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links