Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheres The Best Place To Sell?

Brian32

Wheres the best place to sell a car these days? I had advertised as a buy it now price on eBay but got nothing apart from

folks wasting my time, Ive relisted as an auction but to be honest think im throwing money away advertising on eBay??

Appreciate your comments, an after having a Gen 7 Celica, what is there out there thats gonna compare??

Autotrader has always been the place for me, auction sites are full of timewasters with nothing else to do but sit and bid .99p for your car, and then you get all the scam emails come through. Just watch out for people ringing you up saying they are a broker and have a buyer for your car, pay them £99 and they will sell it for you, they are scammers too

Kingo :thumbsup:

Autotrader mate... you get the best response from serious buyers. I've sold a car within a few days this week.

Cheers guys, think I will stick it into the autotrader as well.

Already had a few emails want to pay over the odds and pay by bankers draft and have me ship the car to Holland and Ireland, em yeah no problem mate :)

Yeah, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. If somebody gets in touch saying they'll give you a hell of a lot more than the car is worth without seeing it so they can ship it off somewhere, it's blatently a scam, as are those who claim to have buyers lined up waiting to buy your car as long as you give them some cash 1st. I tell them that if they sell my car for me I'll give them double their fee once I've had my money but they always insist on getting it 1st, if they were that confident in selling it they'd take me up on the offer

I used e-Bay to buy my Corolla Exec gl 4 years ago. There were no bids, so I e-mailed the seller when the time was up. I offered the reserve priice, & it was accepted. Stg400, sight unseen. I told them I would pay in cash. I also asked them to have Water, oil, tyres checked & filled with petrol, as I was flying into Birmingham from Dublin & had a booking for the ferry home 4 hours after landing. This meant driving through Welsh Wales in an unknown car.

The sellers drove down from Loughborough (I think) & met me @ the Airport. They had everything done as I had requested, so Ipaid up + the cost of fill of petrol. Very nice decent people.

My car has been through its NCT (MOT) twice since, & the Examiner has congratulated me on my car Twice! Said that he had no doubt that he would see me with it in 2 years time B) . I promise I will get the Pics up soon. See Corolla section "Anyone got this model"

Listening to the reports on scams & chancers, I can see that I was lucky, But there ARE good decent people there too.

yes you can sell on our forum, if you become a paying member :thumbsup:

click on my controls top right hand side of your screen,

and you will see the option to become a paying member.

Anyone who trys to sell without doing it, will get their thread removed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links