Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.5 D4d Engine Upgrades

hiluxman

would it be possible to chip the 2.5 d4d engine to give it more power and torque?

why could you omly have the power up grade on the hilux invincible?

mine is a 2003 4x4 singlew cab pick up

thanks will get in contact.

is there any major drawbacks to fitting one?

has anyone hadone fitted, your thoughts would be most appreciated?

• 2 weeks later...
thanks will get in contact.

is there any major drawbacks to fitting one?

has anyone hadone fitted, your thoughts would be most appreciated?

i fitted a dragon chip to mine it took three different chips before got one that didnt drop into limp home all the time and the eventually got one that works

i get more power but not happy with the engine note, it is putting to much fuel in at the wrong times which gives you a very harsh rattle at the start and end of its cycle possibly washing the bore with diesel which is not good

the power increase is noticable but not as much as i would expect and the fuel consumption dropped instead of getting better

i have worked with diesels my whole life and dont like the sound of the modern common rail engines at the best of times (too chattery for my liking) but with the chip active it sounded like long term it would do damage so i have removed it and it is going back for a refund.(dragon said they have a new chip in development but not ready yet)

also dont get one that just clips onto the fuel metering valve on the back of the fuel rail as you will have never ending probs with limp home as d4d ecu senses over fueling

the one that works no probs plugs to all the four injectors individually thus bypassing the cpu systems analasis (unless they have got round this problem somehow now)

if you have any luck and find a good one i would be grateful of the info

cheers morgan

Ours plugs onto each injector, it is not clamped onto the pressure valve. If the unit is programmed to get more than 20% extra power out of it, the pressure valve type go into failsafe mode because of the overfueling. the 2.5 is a gutless engine and I have only had one customer who does not think it has made much difference, of course its the torque that is better, not the top speed

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links