Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Cruise Control Avensis T3-s

axus44

thanks, I think it might be worth a try so.

Will try and figure out the wiring first perhaps.

Best of luck :thumbsup: and let us know how you get on it?

Hello

I Toyota Avensis 1.8 petrol, year 2007

I followed the installation procedure exactly as in the tutorial, but cruise control does not work

Can anyone help me?

just work cruise control installed by adding the lever on this model?

connection to my car as the car in the tutorial? (That was the diesel D-4D)

or otherwise be connected?

please help

Hello

I followed the installation procedure exactly as in the tutorial, but cruise control does not work

Can anyone help me?

please help

Wiring for facelift models is slightly different.

Search the forum as somebody has provided the circuit for uplifted model. If you follow that, it could work.

Best of luck.

I saw a plan but do not understand.

is someone who can tell me exactly how to handle connects to my model?

Thanks in advance

see following

Yes you are right about mechanical fitment - part above need some DIY work to fit. Wiring and connection is same for all (not only) Avensis model. Two wires, one to ground and second connected to signal CCS in ECU.

If I uderstand right info from Avensis service manual cruise control not work in model with engine type 1ZZ-FE, 3ZZ-FE and 1AZ-FE.

But work with engine 1AZ-FSE and 1CD-FTV for all model.

From 2003.7 model also with engine type 1CD-FTV with D-CAT.

It's not possible to mount cruise control without external control box in model 2004.2 and new with 1ZZ-FE and 3ZZ-FE engines. This engines are controlled by wire but don't have implemented software part for cruise in ECU.

from here old cruise control topic

Cheers.

I have not got my cruise switch yet or removed the steering wheel, however I have looked thru the Toyota wiring diagrams provided.

I think for the facelift model you have to sue pin 2 and 3 on the C14 connector. Pin 2 might be white and 3 Brown. I have attached a picture of the C14 connector so it might make sense to someone, i have also a pic of the wiring referencing what I think is the C14 connector and wire colour.

Does this make sense to anyone?

As I said I have not tried it yet but will before cutting holes and drilling.

post-40312-0-48174800-1294872549_thumb.j

post-40312-0-85845900-1294872560_thumb.j

depends what position you look at the connector

as it appears in the picture is viewed from the front, the wires entering the back

My advice is do not give the hole before you see if it works.

Hi, I own an AVENSIS 1.8 PRESTIGE bought Sept 2008 with 129bhp and I think its motor is called 1ZZ-FE.

Because english is not my mother language could someone help me understand

if this is the so called facelift model and if I could have Cruise control fitted

even with some Mac'Gyvers techniques.. ;)

Thanks for your patience and understanding and plz excuse my poor English...

Hi, I own an AVENSIS 1.8 PRESTIGE bought Sept 2008 with 129bhp and I think its motor is called 1ZZ-FE.

Because english is not my mother language could someone help me understand

if this is the so called facelift model and if I could have Cruise control fitted

even with some Mac'Gyvers techniques.. ;)

Thanks for your patience and understanding and plz excuse my poor English...

Your car is face lift model.

According to the information I wrote above, you car will not support cruise control. It is not me, it is what somebody extracted from their repair booklet.

Cheers.

Yes you are right about mechanical fitment - part above need some DIY work to fit. Wiring and connection is same for all (not only) Avensis model. Two wires, one to ground and second connected to signal CCS in ECU.

If I uderstand right info from Avensis service manual cruise control not work in model with engine type 1ZZ-FE, 3ZZ-FE and 1AZ-FE.

It's not possible to mount cruise control without external control box in model 2004.2 and new with 1ZZ-FE and 3ZZ-FE engines. This engines are controlled by wire but don't have implemented software part for cruise in ECU.

*external control box - What would that be?

Best thing, control your local Mr. T if they put the firmware for your car, so it becomes compatible with cruise control.

Other options would be having control box, as some companies do these boxes which can fit into any car for cruise control. Just google and your will find many companies.

If I would be you, I would stick with first idea, which is contacting your local dealer.

Best of luck.

Best thing, control your local Mr. T if they put the firmware for your car, so it becomes compatible with cruise control.

You must have missed this: Because english is not my mother language could someone help me understand

even with some Mac'Gyvers techniques.. = please use simple english to help me understand wtf you are saying.... Thanks again...

• 2 years later...

Hi all, I have recently bought a 2004 2.0 D4-D T25 estate, and after reading the comments on this forum, decided to go ahead and try to fit CC. I have used a CC stalk from a 2005 avensis, but I'm getting no response ( no CRUISE indicator on dash). Any suggestions/pointers please. Do I need to carry out some kind of ECU reset to get it to recognise there is a CC stalk fitted?

• 5 months later...

see following

But work with engine 1AZ-FSE and 1CD-FTV for all model.

From 2003.7 model also with engine type 1CD-FTV with D-CAT.

from here old cruise control topic

Cheers.

Hi,

So, got an used steering wheel with the cruise control switch, connected it in the right place and nothing happens. My egine is 1CDFTV so it should work right?

Next step is checking if the wire that goes to the ECU is really going there. By the way, where it the ECU located in this car?

Avensis 2.0 D4D 2006 (not facelift)

nunogato

Hi,

So, got an used steering wheel with the cruise control switch, connected it in the right place and nothing happens. My egine is 1CDFTV so it should work right?

Next step is checking if the wire that goes to the ECU is really going there. By the way, where it the ECU located in this car?

Avensis 2.0 D4D 2006 (not facelift)

I had the same problem after buying a Camry cruise control switch from eBay fitted it all in as per the thread on here and it wouldn't work i have a 06 1CDFTV 2.0 D4D Estate,anyway i purchased a steering wheel with switch from a 2005 car which i havn't had time to fit yet,so i will be watching any relevant replies with interest.

I too would like to know where the ECU is..?Do you know how to check whether or not its getting a signal.

Nunogato...Can we glean anything from the diagram that Google has kindly thrown up...

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8472/cruisemanual.pdf&chrome=true

Looking at the diagram more closely i think that there is a switch on the clutch mechanism/pedal to turn off CC upon operating the clutch.

I wonder whether or not the switch is fitted to our cars when they left the factory without cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Can anyone help me?

please help

Hello

I've got absolutely the same problem. I'm driving Avensis 1.8 petrol, year 2008

Bought original (second hand) cruise drive stalk, followed procedure like you did and gotta same result - I've been totally disappointed.

Does anything happend with your problem, did you find solution.

I would appreciate your reply

Best

Of course, authorised service don't want to upgrade software, so I can use cruise drive in my car. When I mentioned them a firmware, they just made "those' faces .....
So unhappy, bah ..... :giljotiini:

• 3 weeks later...

Still didn't had time to disassemble the cruise control switch.

It's a pity that Toyota does not install a new firmware...

Well my plan of action is to swop over the cruise switch including the wiring plug together with the horn fitment as a whole and see what that does ,if i get it to work i will post up what i did.

Hi

Just fitted a steering wheel from a 2007 2.2 d4d with cruise control switch used wiring conector pins from old steering wheel to put wires one to earth (9 on air bag squib) and other to pin 24 e10 plug on ecu (pin 8 airbag squib) did not work .Think on face lift model like mine 2006 d4d 2.0 1ad ftv engine, you need pin 21 on e9 plug at ecu will have to try it . Does anyone no if pin 21 e9 plug is for cruise control actvation

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

After reading in here and other places how easy it is to retrofit the cruise control I decided to do it on my 2003 53reg Avensis D4D T3-S. Because I wanted a leather steering wheel I decided to buy the complete steering wheel from another Avensis. After fitting the new wheel nothing happened as I feared. Is there any way it can be done? I decided that I will make it work regardless of cost. Is there someone here who managed to do it on a 2003 d4d? I heard that I need a clutch control switch, I have it. The only problem is that I cannot find the ecu to check the wiring. Can anyone help me with the ecu location and what wire to look for?

Thanks in advance

Managed to find the ecu. Now I need to find which is pin24 on j10 to find out if i have a wire or not. If someone can help identifying would be much apreciated.

post-136317-0-46439100-1411235149_thumb.

• Like 1