Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi I'm New!

nellyp

Hi all!

I have just ordered my first Yaris, an 08 1.3 SR in chilli red which I should be picking up at the beginning of May. I'm really excited but I'm trading in my BMW compact so I just hope I've made the right decision and don't regret making the switch. I have been looking round for an economical, cheap to run car which still looked really smart and as soon as I saw the SR I knew it was the one (the 08 extras like the 16" alloys and tom tom didn't hurt either).

Looking forward to having plenty of chat with everyone, I'll post some pics when it arrives!

Nellyp ;)

hey,

yaris is a great car. I've got a black TR and i keep loving it even more everytime i wash it :)

Hi

Hope you have better luck than me.

Things to watch out for

Front seat with something loose inside

Click/clonk when you depress the clutch

Clutch judder when cold

Bad second gear or reverse gear change when cold (Could clear after a few thousand miles)

Front brakes grinding as you come to a stop (starts after about 500 miles)

Apart from that a great car.

48mpg most of the time

Cheap insurance

Hi nellyp and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

I've had no end of old and new Toyotas in the last xx years so I know you're buying something that will give you a lot of pleasure. Enjoy it!

Thanks everyone, I'm not too sure about the problems list tho! I did have a new TR which had done 600 miles for a 3 day test drive before ordering the SR and couldn't fault it at all. Obviously there is a huge difference between the yaris and my BMW but having 2 cars which are both expensive to insure, tax and run it was time to downsize one of them (we have a 4x4 as our other car).

I test drove several 'superminis' and was most impressed by the yaris. I'll be sorry to see the BMW go as it is a fantastic car but I'm very excited about picking up the yaris!

i think the 1.8 SR is meant to be quite quick...

I know BMWs are very nice car, but well u might like the yaris even more :)

i think the 1.8 SR is meant to be quite quick...

I know BMWs are very nice car, but well u might like the yaris even more :)

I did think about the 1.8 SR but then I wasn't going to save any money on the road tax. The insurance would be a bit cheaper than the BMW but the whole idea was to downsize to save on running costs and I found the 1.3 to be quite nippy really.

I've just sold the BMW so at least I know it's going to a good home. Only thing is the yaris doesn't arrive til the end of April so a couple of weeks without a car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links