Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Previa 2.4 Auto 2002

Garry Grant

As you'll see from the heading I'm not entirely certain what the problem is. And as there doesn't seem to be many Previa owners out there I'm not sure if there is a database to help. Although looking at other previous postings for other Toyota models my problem seems fairly common but one which no one has quite nailed yet. Without that is opening and shutting your doors 33 times, putting your key in and out 25 times. pressing buttons for exactly 1.5 seconds while sacrificing a goat etc etc

It started with my lights flashing as if the alarm was going off but for no apparent reason and no sound from the alarm either. This happened over a period of 2 or 3 weeks and I ignored it as using my lock and unlock on the FOB stopped the lights flashing and all was well until I would notice it the next time. Anyway to cut a long story short the Battery had drained the morning when I needed the car most although fortunately a jump start worked and no starting problems in the 2 weeks since then. But I now have a continuous flashing immobilizer light on the dashboard, which I'm sure wasn't there before, all the time the engine is off. The key fob no longer works in any shape or form and to get around the absence of FOB central locking I have to let everyone out of the car and then lock all the doors via the locking/unlocking button on the drivers door. Then unlock the drivers door, get out and lock it from the outside with the key!

Now I had a brake light that wasn't working and it may be possible that this was about the time of the onset of the periodic flashing lights but I've replaced the bulb and it works just fine but I'm left with a FOB which doesn't do what its supposed to.

Without going to my local Toyota dealer who are Arnold Clark and shelling out big time has anyone seen this problem before and can sort it without use of the Da Vinci code.

I know there are Gurus out there so give me the fix . Thanks in advance for your help

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links