Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Club Chat Night

Norfolk n Chance

So nobody use this then??

:lol:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mollycorolla

• Red Yaris 54

• cfc1

• Andie_M

sorry, its a bit late for me

I have been on a few times ..........but I often forget about it until it is too late................maybe next time :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

bit too late for me 9PM in the uk is 11PM here

think there needs to be more PR on this. lol

its good aswell! tho i kinda went and invaded the lexus chat as the toyota one was empty! poor show! lol

oh, and it says on the club chat website thing that chat times are :

Sunday 8pm

and

Thursday 8pm

why not just make it every night from 7pm onwards?

just a thought

oh, and it says on the club chat website thing that chat times are :

Sunday 8pm

and

Thursday 8pm

why not just make it every night from 7pm onwards?

just a thought

It's got to be a time where a few people are keen to use it, going in the room to find yourself in there on your own or with just 1 other person is crap so if that happens for people signing in at 7 it will lose it's appeal really quickly. As Steve has said, it's open all the time but the only way it will work is if you set times so that a few people go into the room at the same time, that's when the conversations start & it becomes interesting

As for the time, I think 7 is far too early, 8 is a bit too early & 9 is about right

Yes but considering usually on a sunday night im out in my car leaving house about 8ish, and on thursday nights I'm at training until 9... it's not exactly suitable is it?

Day to day life, everyone is available at different times different days. Some days I'm online early, some late, sometimes not at all. 7 might be far too early for you, but it might suit other people on the forum.

I've used another chat room for a car forum, which worked great. It was open all the time, certain times of day, yes there was more users online but you never knew when that was going to be. It works just like the forum does. Sometimes toc has its quiet times... but it doesn't make you lose appeal?

As I said, I sneaked into the lexus chat. there was only 2 people in it, but I still stayed to have a chat with them. Even if there's only one other person in the chat room, I don't get how it just being you and one other person is crap? Talk to the other person... I'm sure they won't bite! As for if your in the room yourself... why not try waiting a while and see if anyone else pops in?

Makes sense don't it?

No, if you're in the car then obviously it's not a great time for you to go into a chat room but I think the majority of people will be available more as time gets on once they've got home from work, sorted food, put kids to bed etc. I think it is best as something to go on as the end of the day approaches. There will clearly never be a time where every member of TOC is available so you've just got to go with the majority & I genuinely feel that is around the 9-10 mark.

I've been in the room at work when no1 else was about & sat there for ages waiting for someone else to sign in & I can guarantee it's boring as hell. I've also been in there & someone else has signed in & after a short while the subjects ran out & it all went quiet which is no fun either. If I was using the place for the 1st time & that was the impression I got, subconsciously I wouldn't be very keen to go back.

The thing is, it's open all the time so people are free to use it whenever they want. If a few people start to use it at 7 I'm sure more people will realise & start using it at that time too but initially I think setting a time is a good idea so that there's plenty of activity in there when people go online & as I say, I think 9 is about right.

Also, 9 is the watershed, some of the coversations in there while I've been online have certainly not been ideal conversation for when kids are about :P

why not run a poll for it? see what the forum users say...

oh and it would maybe help PR it up a bit.

i've put the link in my sig because i struggled to find the old post with the chat link.

Yeah, might be a good idea, I'll leave that to the management though, it's up to them to decide what's the best way to take it forward

I have been on here for quite a while now and didnt know it even existed so i agree with some PR!!

• 3 weeks later...

C'mon TOCers.. there are a couple of us on there NOW!!... login for a live chat.

http://chat.icocn.com/ (you might need to sign up if you haven't done so before)

Get logged in

i didnt know there was a chat room??!!

how comes we have set times to use it?

why cant everyone just log in as and when they feel like it??

xx

It's always open.

The set times are to try and ensure that there's some people in there to talk to!!

:thumbsup:

i didnt know there was a chat room??!!

how comes we have set times to use it?

why cant everyone just log in as and when they feel like it??

xx

Everyone can but as it's new it's not used very much yet & going in there on your own gets really boring really quickly. Encouraging people to go on at the same time ensures at that time it will be busy & entertaining

• 2 weeks later...

I'm there

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links